• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla adapter ETA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Either way my point is why dont the Electrify America or EVGo CEO's take the hate? Should that not be where it is being directed?
They deserve plenty of hate for the current state of disrepair of their stations, but they are not nearly as vocal as Musk is with a long streak of broken grandiose promises. Nor are they robbing from one of their companies to benefit the other (see AI chips being redirect from Tesla to X). Musk gets the hate right now because he represents the reason we are not getting adapters. Sure we only need those adapters because EA sucks, but EA always sucked. Tesla seems to be getting torn apart by Musk as a tantrum for not getting his ridiculous bonus demand and that's directly affecting the promises made to Ford that Ford based their promises to us about.
Sponsored

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I find it a bit ironic that so many are desperate to get access to Tesla's network, yet they criticize Elon for absolutely everything and name call him specifically.

Why isn't Robert Barrosa an "e-douce" for running what many ev owners consider to be a completely inept company?

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 12.12.34 PM.png
Trust me I have no respect whatsoever for the ea-douche. That worthless company wasted 75 minutes of my time last month in Boonville, MO. They kept rebooting the chargers while I was on the phone with them. They had no way to tell if their chargers were inoperable. After 75 minutes I went to EVgo and spent .63 per kwh to charge. The EA rep was supposed to give me two free charges on my account but they never showed up.

Tesla has a fantastic charging network. I am of the opinion that Elon is doing irreparable harm to Tesla though. I sure hope the contracts are detailed so Ford and others can sue the piss out of Tesla when he fails to comply.

B. Lane

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retire
I just called customer service for a shipping status update and they did not have any updates or information on a delivery timeframe. I ordered my Tesla adapter 2/29 original ship date was May now on my account login says June. I really need it for a road trip in several weeks.
Yeah, mine hasn’t changed from “June”, and I held off to order the A2Z, but with summer roadtrip plans, I broke down and ordered the A2Z adapter. A2Z adapter arrived yesterday…and tried it out at 2 Superchargers today. Other than a really tight fit on the first try (and thus an inability to lock the adapter and a charging fault), it worked great. Both stations had open lot spots to the far right so I could be courteous user of the station. Excited to put it to use this summer and simply have more options.
I agree with others…if you have summer plans that you want to use Superchargers…just order the A2Z. Based on Tesla’s history and the firing of the entire Supercharger team… I’m not convinced adapters will be coming any time soon. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they prove me wrong, but I’m not anticipating timeliness.
I did the same thing. Waiting on my A2Z to arrive.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Trust me I have no respect whatsoever for the ea-douche. That worthless company wasted 75 minutes of my time last month in Boonville, MO. They kept rebooting the chargers while I was on the phone with them. They had no way to tell if their chargers were inoperable. After 75 minutes I went to EVgo and spent .63 per kwh to charge. The EA rep was supposed to give me two free charges on my account but they never showed up.

Tesla has a fantastic charging network. I am of the opinion that Elon is doing irreparable harm to Tesla though. I sure hope the contracts are detailed so Ford and others can sue the piss out of Tesla when he fails to comply.
Ford outsourced the highly-marketed automatic home back-up system to Sunrun (fail), and manufacture of these adapters (fail). And obviously they have only bought their way into charging networks, like Tesla's. I can't imagine them burning the bridge with Tesla by suing the piss out of them, when they can't get this stuff done themselves.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
They won't ever be official.
I agree, but once they get their UL approval it will go a long way in fighting a warranty claim with the Magnuson-Moss Act providing a little protection basically saying Ford/Tesla has to prove the adapter was the reason.

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I find it a bit ironic that so many are desperate to get access to Tesla's network, yet they criticize Elon
Cause Elon is likely a Narcissistic Sociopath, Tesla’s team is what is doing all the great things. Same with any person that’s ego is too big to admit he is only as good as the people that make him look good.

So yeah he is a major 🫏 🤡 🤷‍♂️.

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Just ordered the a2Z adapter, won't hurt to have two!

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
People have been using devices like Tesla Tap Mini on non-Tesla EVs for many years. A2Z tested their device, and put in features that would shutdown charging if there is excessive heat or similar.
So….I am one of those. I had a Lectron J1772 adapter, and now have a TeslaTap 80A, and I use my Tesla to J1772 adapter as well.

I’ve said it before and I stick with it, after using them; I don’t trust Lectrons products. Despite that, I did buy and use Lectron’s Vortex plug and it *appeared* to be generally ok. But I am switching to A2Z after finding one and put my Lectron up for sale.

I had heat issues with my AC adapter previously and while it appeared ok, the Lectron DC adapter got much warmer than I was comfortable with and it did not appear to switch off. I know the A2Z has a temp sensor but I’m skeptical about the Lectron after having used it Although in fairness, I don’t know what temperature it’s supposed to switch off at.

I will also say that I’ve used my TeslaTap extensively. It does show signs of corrosion around the pins, so it is not 100% weatherproof. Additionally, I also had heat problems with the TeslaTap. While it is fine 99% of the time, in the summer at 80A, the adapter gets too hot for me to be comfortable with. In the summer at 48A, I trust it all day long - and this is the Lightning specific adapter for 80A and there wasn’t a shutdown as the heat/temp sensor is built into the Tesla Wallchargers and bypassed using these adapters.

That said, none of my cars have gone up in flames due to them. It’s my personal discomfort with the heat levels. I will also say, none of my Tesla adapters, chargers, have had issues with heat or adjusting due to heat.

Just my thoughts..

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
Our daughter called us today to let us know her summer schedule (teacher) and asked us to plan a visit to her in Tacoma mid July. That’s a casual 5 day drive from central coast California. Wife and I went back and forth all day on taking the Tesla Y, Lightning, camping, trailer etc. When it came down to why we would take the Y the ONLY merit was Supercharger access. After seeing the Farley interview and my Mom’s model 3 get pushed off 5 times (delivery now July) I bought the A2Z with the discount code (THANK YOU Lightning community). It’ll 100% be the Lightning for all the reasons to take it on a long road trip. Now the only discussion is to tow the trailer or camp our way up to the PNW And will we poke over to BC etc. Retired last week so I love the idea of taking a trip with no deadline to consider.

Sponsored

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
Guess I was one of the lucky ones… got it in April, just purchased the truck in FEB this yr.

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)
NACS ADAPTERS ARE SHIPPING AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE EARLY APRIL

Last edited:

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I did the same thing. Waiting on my A2Z to arrive.
Same. I have a road trip in July and don't trust Ford's "June" date. So I have an expensive A2Z under the seat just in case the free ford one doesn't arrive.

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I'm going to play devils advocate here....yes I've order the Tesla adapter and yes I'll use it when I eventually get it. It was supposed to be delivered in May then June now God only knows when and maybe even the big Man doesn't even know???

Truth is having or not having a Tesla adapter should not prevent any of us from traveling. Personally I think the Tesla network is way over hyped and based on personal experience the non Tesla networks work just as well. Never been a fan of Elon or Tesla, too many false and broken deadlines so I don't expect to ever get a reliable answer from them.

Happy travels!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.