First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired
Hello, I would like to see if I can be of any assistance regarding your tailgate concerns. Could you please send us a message with your VIN and mileage?
My vin# 3FMTK3SU4PMA77515 still having the issue. It just beeps 3 times.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Billgeffert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired
Mine will do that at times and usually if the tonneau cover is too tight or I have something in the bed and it is pressing against the gate.

It also did it after the bedliner was installed as they spray material went under the bump stops applying too much pressure so I had to remove the material under the bumps.

One time I did have to go into settings and change it to manual to get it to open.
Tried manual, it didn't work.

OP
OP

Billgeffert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired
I have also learned this control unit may be bad MU5Z14B291U. When I take it to a dealer next week hopefully they will get to the bottom of it.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Try switch to Manual Tailgate in the settings in your truck. Then see if pushing button allows it to release without the motor. Once fully extended, re-enable power tailgate and try to raise it via button. If that doesn't work, remove the negative connector on the LVB terminal and reattach.

If that doesn't work, it's time to see the dealer.

F150Flash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Retired accountant
I have the same problem. I always have to push the button a second time. I find the same issue with locking the doors. The first time I touch the button I get nothing. The second touch locks the doors. Ford is teaching patience and persistence.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same problem. I always have to push the button a second time. I find the same issue with locking the doors. The first time I touch the button I get nothing. The second touch locks the doors. Ford is teaching patience and persistence.
Good afternoon, Keith. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this concern regarding your doors locking?

Sponsored

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
Try pushing in on the tailgate while pressing the button. That helps with mine. I think the problem arises from the latch and latch pin not being lined up properly. I moved my driver side pin around a little and it works a lot better. Not perfect, but better.
I have found I have to do this as well sometimes when it just beeps and doesn't open. Good idea to try moving the pin around a little.

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I have found that if the tailgate step isn't fully seated the power tailgate will just beep. I accidentally hit the tailgate step sometimes when I pust the tailgate button.

Release the tailgate step then push it back in to place. Try the button.

1721915767439-li.png
Apologizing for the thread hijack, but why does it look like you have exhaust pipes? Of do you also have a F-150 ICE in addition to your Lightning?
Sponsored