Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Another possibility?

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/F-150_Lightning/2023/tsbs/tsb-tsb-23-2316.shtml

Ford TSB #TSB 23-2316
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
MC-10244719-0001.pdf
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM/PCM/TECM)
Summary
Some 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles may exhibit an illuminated powertrain temperature warning lamp accompanied by a Motor coolant over temperature message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with DTC P0A3C:94 stored in either the secondary on-board diagnostic control module B (SOBDMB) and/or the secondary on-board diagnostic control module C (SOBDMC). This may be due to the software within either the SOBDMB and/or SOBDMC. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to bring both modules to the latest software level.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Amazing that you remember that. Yes I did. But is that the same coolant? Is the coolant associated with the battery the same coolant for the motors? I'm ignorant!!
Since this thread got resurrected I'll chime in to clarify for the record. The battery and motors have separate coolant circuits but there is a balancing valve and a single expansion tank. That allows for separate monitoring and control of battery and motor temperatures with a single point for filling and level check for convenience.

And the coolant is the same yellow Ford coolant used on their ICE vehicles.

OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Since this thread got resurrected I'll chime in to clarify for the record. The battery and motors have separate coolant circuits but there is a balancing valve and a single expansion tank. That allows for separate monitoring and control of battery and motor temperatures with a single point for filling and level check for convenience.

And the coolant is the same yellow Ford coolant used on their ICE vehicles.
Super info. Thanks for the clarification.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
The EV Tech told me that the published air purge procedure did not successfully remove all air, and that he had to repeat it multiple times. I doubt it would have been repeated multiple times if I had not identified it as a line item. I do not have access to the procedure, though.
As a follow-up, even after the dealer repeated the air purge several times, I found the coolant tank well below the minimum level on 2 or 3 occasions after I got my truck back from the module replacement. It finally stabilized after that. I suggest checking the coolant level frequently for several weeks after a module replacement.
Sponsored