• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jdc604

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning (Lariat)
Occupation
Bits & Bytes
Installed a Vantrue N5 Dash Cam with parking mode adapter to OBD port. It will shut off if 12V battery gets too low. I will see if dash cam will run all day without shutting off.

I'm pretty happy with the install- fairly easy. Waiting to see if any hiccups operating in parking mode.

PXL_20240811_005217985.jpg

PXL_20240811_004930446.jpg

PXL_20240811_004919980.jpg

PXL_20240811_010157076.jpg
I'm thinking of getting the same setup. Where did you get the ODB adapter? How hard was the installation ... especially the rear camera? What has been the impact on your 12v battery? Are you able to run the parking mode in this setup? If so, how long will the camera stay powered on for?

More pics would be appreciated :O)
Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I love the Comma3x. I have thousands of miles of hands free driving on mine.
So I looked up the Comma 3x and the neither the Lightning or the F-150 are options, so how does this work with the truck?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So I looked up the Comma 3x and the neither the Lightning or the F-150 are options, so how does this work with the truck?
Even though it isn't officially listed, it is compatible. You need to buy it with a Q4 harness. There will be error codes at startup that clear quickly on their own. With a custom harness (@Ajzride made one for me) there are no error codes and the system works fantastic.

Check out this thread on the 14thgen forum for more information on a branch designed for Ford vehicles: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...fork-for-comma3x-openpilot.24241/#post-457703

There is also an active Discord forum for help and discussions.

Bigred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER
I'm thinking of getting the same setup. Where did you get the ODB adapter? How hard was the installation ... especially the rear camera? What has been the impact on your 12v battery? Are you able to run the parking mode in this setup? If so, how long will the camera stay powered on for?

More pics would be appreciated :O)
I had an old adapter that I had laying around from old truck.

There is a Vantrue wiring kit that taps into the fuse box directly (Goes under A pillar on passenger side then under glove box?). https://www.amazon.com/Vantrue-Hardwire-Circuit-Holders-Protection/dp/B083XB8T7T

I am probably going to change power source to that as I just bought a Bluetooth OBD dongle to use with ABRP app for supposed real time SOC/distance data.

Just FYI, Vantrue is supposedly going to be releasing an LTE version of N5 very soon if you want that capability. (Wish I would have seen that and waited)
Sponsored