• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass Account Locked and takes 24 hours to unlock

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
According to Ford, I have to wait 24 hours for my account to be unlocked. I did nothing but try to open the app last night and it told me my account was locked and now I have to wait 24 hours for them to fix it. @Ford Motor Company this is pathetic that it takes 24 hours to unlock an account, it takes me 10 seconds to unlock an account at work for users. So now I can't use my features I am supposed to have because Ford screwed up and cannot unlock my account. Sorry needed to vent and wanted to tag Ford but this is a very poor experience to have and another reason I am less and less likely to purchase a Ford in the future which suck because I really love my Lightning.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just another huge issue with Ford and why they will continue to fall. For the prices paid for their horrible technology just open the API and let people have access. This is where Tesla excels and people love it. Ford wants to be predatory about it and protect it. Their technology sucks, their app sucks and they want to keep you locked out.

Many note the password locked when they do have an automated process hitting the account very often and Ford has the crazy rules about unlocking. Just put up some good 2FA and realize we aren't having to get out and use the crank to start these trucks.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
According to Ford, I have to wait 24 hours for my account to be unlocked.
Are you using a third party application which is pinging your FoMoCo account?

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Are you using a third party application which is pinging your FoMoCo account?
I was asked that as well by Ford. I am not and if I did and don’t remember it would have been a year ago and the account has been fine until now. Haven’t changed the password either. Plus they still shouldn’t take 24 hours to unlock my account.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I was asked that as well by Ford. I am not and if I did and don’t remember it would have been a year ago and the account has been fine until now. Haven’t changed the password either. Plus they still shouldn’t take 24 hours to unlock my account.

It would be nice to get behind what caused this to happen, when it happened to me a couple years ago, I was locked out a second time, again it took a couple days to be unlocked, but that came with a stern warning that a third violation would be a permanent lockout for the user account.

Sponsored
OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
It would be nice to get behind what caused this to happen, when it happened to me a couple years ago, I was locked out a second time, again it took a couple days to be unlocked, but that came with a stern warning that a third violation would be a permanent lockout for the user account.
Really?! That is Ford's stance? That is ridiculous, and again never used anything that I am aware of and nothing has locked out my account in over a year. So how would I determine that? I am really regretting ever buying a Ford, just undo stress I don't need. But thanks for letter me know, guess I need to comb through logins now and waste time I don't have. Thanks @Ford Motor Company bang up job!

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I did remember that I was told about a web page called recurrent and I did set it up but it hasn't checked in since last year. I guess it could have tried recently, I deleted it just to be sure. I have nothing else that could be using it. Has Ford never heard of hackers? I mean how am I supposed to prevent users from trying to hack the account.

Are there any other services that might use my account? I can't think of anything else I would have used.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I was using a service that collaborated with my local utility "National Grid" to give me TOU credits if I restrained my charging to off peak time frames.

https://www.nationalgridus.com/electric-vehicle-hub/Programs/Massachusetts/Off-Peak-Charging-Program

I closed the account and asked them to ensure any credentials I had shared were purged from their system. I also cleared the phone app cache and account credentials, then deleted the app from my android phone.

If you could get access the Ford cyber security analyst working your lock out case, they might be able to tell you what third party internet service triggered the security lock.

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I did remember that I was told about a web page called recurrent and I did set it up but it hasn't checked in since last year. I guess it could have tried recently, I deleted it just to be sure. I have nothing else that could be using it. Has Ford never heard of hackers? I mean how am I supposed to prevent users from trying to hack the account.

Are there any other services that might use my account? I can't think of anything else I would have used.
Many reports on the Mach-E forum by folks getting locked out due to Recurrent. Giving your Ford credentials to any 3rd party is a violation of their TOU.
And it’s not that they tried to access your account, they did access it. Recurrent scrapes technical data for their battery research.

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Many reports on the Mach-E forum by folks getting locked out due to Recurrent. Giving your Ford credentials to any 3rd party is a violation of their TOU.
And it’s not that they tried to access your account, they did access it. Recurrent scrapes technical data for their battery research.
Yes I get that, although a very stupid TOU. What I am saying is if anyone tries to brute force my account that would qualify and also lock me out. Plus I stopped and hadn't used Recurrent for that reason, the last check in was a year ago when I first signed up. I mean it's always possible but a whole year went by why now? Whole things seems fishy but I deleted the connection just to be sure. Ford needs to handle things better plain and simple.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes I get that, although a very stupid TOU. What I am saying is if anyone tries to brute force my account that would qualify and also lock me out. Plus I stopped and hadn't used Recurrent for that reason, the last check in was a year ago when I first signed up. I mean it's always possible but a whole year went by why now? Whole things seems fishy but I deleted the connection just to be sure. Ford needs to handle things better plain and simple.
It’s been reported that people avoided further issue by simply changing their Ford password. It’s likely that Recurrent stops polling after some (small?) number of failed authentications.
Sponsored