• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake hold not working

Mcyclonegt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning xlt
Occupation
Fire
My truck use to have brake hold. You would push on the brake at a stop and a small light would come on the bottom left of the gauge cluster. Now it doesn’t do it. Was there something in an update that deactivated it or did something accidentally get turned off?
Sponsored

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
It is called auto hold and I think you will find it under the driver assistance settings. Toggle on or off.

Good luck. I would miss that too.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
It might also be off because your driver profile changed. I find when I do a remote start that it switches over to Guest profile and I lose some settings I had. So in addition to above suggestion check your selected profile.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
There was probably an OTA that shut it off. OTA sometimes do things like that, and you then have to re-enable the feature again.

You'll read in these forums about people whose trucks are no longer charging up to the limit they have set and are now charging to 100%....that sort of thing is also a result of OTA shenanigans (delete and reestablish the "Home" location and then redo your charging schedule to fix it).

After three years of MME and Lightning ownership, I've gotten used to recognizing the signs and also gotten used to having to occasionally reset things back to the way they were before the OTA happened.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Whenever my 24-hour setting on the clock switches to 12-hour, I know it's because there was an OTA that overrode my preference. It's on a minor annoyance now (but I do not understand why Ford has not yet fixed it.)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Whenever my 24-hour setting on the clock switches to 12-hour, I know it's because there was an OTA that overrode my preference. It's on a minor annoyance now (but I do not understand why Ford has not yet fixed it.)
It's your truck reverting to the asbuilt values that are stored in the cloud. Sometimes the cloud server gets updated by the values that are in your truck's modules, and they then become 'persistent'. Sometimes the polling doesn't happen, and the cloud has the 'default' asbuilt settings saved. At the end of the OTA (or FDRS for that matter) update the configuration settings are put back into the modules' memory. So it's a matter of whether the current settings you have been using are the ones that get put back, or whether the default ones from the cloud are the ones that get stuck back in there.
Sponsored