First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Cloud Engineer
This installed while my truck was sitting in the repair shop parking lot last night.
Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
Got it this afternoon…

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just got this one upon pulling into my driveway after some errands.
That's 3 updates in 5 days and 4 for the month.

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
Assuming the bugs for install have been worked out here- with a lowish battery (30%) and while plugged in received this download / install no problem today

Lariat ER , oct 2023 build

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got a notification for this today. Oct 2023 L-ER. Definitely will reschedule the update to next week as I need the truck in case Helene knocks power out tonight.

Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got this one last night.

2023 MY Lariat ER, ordered July 2023, delivered October 2023.

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Received this yesterday. Haven’t noticed a difference.

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariet ER, '18 Subaru WRX STI, '25 BMW i5 (RIP 21 MachE GT)
Occupation
Finance
I received this today and found two problems...wondering if anyone else has see this (no i did not read all 9 pages so please berate me if I missed it).

1. My frunk only opens about 8 inches and stops. I manually put the frunk where I wanted and reset the position (press and hold button) but it won't stick. Tried 3 times.

2. My apple car play has regressed backwards with multi-touch. For the last many months, Waze has blessedly worked for finger swiping to scroll the map (not zooming). But after this update Waze is back to "no swipe to scroll the map" again. Boo!!! I also tested apple maps and it used to "double tap and slide to zoom in/out" and that stopped too, so definitely a step backwards has occurred with car play multi touch in apps.

I have been excited as us 2023 owners seem to be on a roll getting caught up to 2024's and 2022's, HOPEFULLY meaning they are trying to get the fleet ready for BC 1.X update promised before year end. But very sad this last one messed up a few things.

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
1. My frunk only opens about 8 inches and stops. I manually put the frunk where I wanted and reset the position (press and hold button) but it won't stick. Tried 3 times.

2. My apple car play has regressed backwards with multi-touch. For the last many months, Waze has blessedly worked for finger swiping to scroll the map (not zooming). But after this update Waze is back to "no swipe to scroll the map" again. Boo!!! I also tested apple maps and it used to "double tap and slide to zoom in/out" and that stopped too, so definitely a step backwards has occurred with car play multi touch in apps.
1. Have you had the frunk updated at the dealer?

2. I had this happen. Apple updated the iOS and it went away. I’m not saying it definitely an apple issue but it did work itself out for me.

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
1. Have you had the frunk updated at the dealer?

2. I had this happen. Apple updated the iOS and it went away. I’m not saying it definitely an apple issue but it did work itself out for me.

1. Not that I know of...it has been in a few times for a few things, but I don't recall any frunk specific things. Frunk has always been fine, just today right after the update it stopped going all the way up (it still opens but just beeps/lifts about 12 inches then stops and I open all the way manually).

2. Apple is updating IOS quite a bit. I updated phone to latest a week or so ago and carplay looked different/better but the multi touch worked until the Ford update today. Will wait for either more OTA's or iOS updates to see if it resolves.

Edit: the multi touch issues are described above resolved themselves after the truck took a nap overnight. Took a road trip today and everything was working normally again. Frunk still only opening 6-8 inches then stops. Will have service look at it next time I take it in.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Just thought I would close out my mini-topic. Had this into the dealer and they were kind of stumped on what was causing the frunk not to open all the way. Almost a page of notes on the sheet I got back, but in summary they installed new power frunk motors, did not solve the problem, and after testing the FHCM (with no errors) they replaced it anyway per Ford and that fixed the problem. Apparently the FHCM was telling the Frunk to open all the way but it was sending the wrong signal and it stopped way to early. Strange stuff but fixed under warranty. Assume FHCM is the Frunk Height Control Module? Guessing...
Sponsored