Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022āš”Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Power running boards were never standard equipment, but were a low priced option on Lariat and Platinum for 2022 that a majority of people would have wanted. I don't know if anybody got them for the 2022 model year. If they did, it was a low number.
I spec'ed them on my build. They were removed.
Sponsored

Fast87t

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Hi F-150 Lightning owners,

Today weā€™re excited to share a new initiative, as part of our commitment to making electric vehicle ownership even better. We're introducing the Ford Power Promise, a comprehensive program designed to address the needs of our electric vehicle customers and provide confidence every step of the way ā€“ whether a customer is curious about electric vehicles, itā€™s their first day of ownership, or like many in this forum, have been driving an F-150 Lightning for some time.

Think of the Ford Power Promise as a one-stop shop for everything you need when you go electric. Weā€™ve grouped all the things customers love about Ford electric vehicle ownership under one umbrella, with some new offerings starting October 1st. Check back in to this post on October 1st, the day the Ford Power Promise goes live, to view our Ford Power Promise webpages, containing all the key info you need for this announcement.

For Current and New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners Weā€™re Providing:
  • Ongoing Support and Guidance:
    • New 24/7 Live Support: We're expanding ā€˜round-the-clock live support, including proactive charging assistance. Text a dedicated Ford advisor for 24/7 electric vehicle support, and you'll be talking to real people. Simply opt-in to Fordā€™s Electric Vehicle 24/7 Live Support services on owner.ford.com if youā€™d like to use the feature.
    • Improved Ford Roadside Assistance: Ford Roadside Assistance will now pick up Ford electric vehicle customers and take them to the closest charging station or dealership if range runs too low. Available for both Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning owners. For more information on how to use this feature, please visit the Ford Roadside Assistance page.
For New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners this also includes:
  • Home is Where the Charge Is:
    • New complimentary home charger & standard installation: Starting October 1st, 2024, customers purchasing or leasing a new Ford electric vehicle will receive a complimentary Ford Charge Station Pro and standard installation at their home, helping to take the guesswork out of installation costs. Check out the Ford website for more details.
What Else?

Weā€™re constantly updating our existing programs with software, and hardware, to expand access and make them even better. Here are some items included in the Ford Power Promise that you may already be familiar with:
  • Charging On-The Go:
  • Battery Confidence:
    • Ford electric vehicles come with an eight-year/100k mile high-voltage battery warranty.
You can also read a letter from Ford CEO Jim Farley on the Ford Power Promise here.

The Ford Power Promise is designed to make the Ford electric vehicle ownership experience smooth and enjoyable, so you can focus on what matters most ā€“ the open road!

Happy driving!

Hey Mr. Farley,

How about reimbursing the cost for the early adopters, who had to pay Electricians to come to their homes and install 220 lines to their home's electrical panel to charge their F150?
I had to spend $1500 to have the Ford home charger that came with my 22 Lariat Lighting SR wired from my basement electrical panel to the charger mounted in my garage next to my truck.

Ty,
Gary
in Ohio!

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
As an early adopter I would just like blue cruise 1.4.- while 25ā€™ f150s are changing lanes mine still kicks me off at same places on the road as 2 years ago

Typical ford with their weekly press releases promising things while they probably have 10k open orders that Sunrun never completed correctly but they are about to drop everything and help new customers out by pulling permits and hooking up chargers for people.

I know the cyber truck is about to do donuts around us this Christmas while playing little drummer boy while Ford sends up ā€œupdatesā€ saying they are sending updates so we can get future updates.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Hey Mr. Farley,

How about reimbursing the cost for the early adopters, who had to pay Electricians to come to their homes and install 220 lines to their home's electrical panel to charge their F150?
I had to spend $1500 to have the Ford home charger that came with my 22 Lariat Lighting SR wired from my basement electrical panel to the charger mounted in my garage next to my truck.

Ty,
Gary
in Ohio!
Great idea! I'm going to go complain to my electric utility that the rebates they are offering now weren't available when I bought my truck. THEY OWE ME! /s

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
Wish they would have had this back in April. I have the free Ford charger sitting in a box since installing it costs almost as much as the charger itself. I guess since they are not installing the dual chargers in the 2024 Lightnings, installation should be significantly cheaper since you don't need 100 amp service run.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I spec'ed them on my build. They were removed.
Me too. I would have gladly taken them, or the B&O unLeashed system, in place of my moonroof for the same cost. The creaking is driving me nuts.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Me too. I would have gladly taken them, or the B&O unLeashed system, in place of my moonroof for the same cost. The creaking is driving me nuts.
Is that where the creaking is coming from??!! I swore it was the door or the passenger seat.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Some more info from a WSJ reporter who spoke to Farley:

Big EV news from Ford. The company is providing free EV chargers AND Level 2 EV charger installation to new buyers and leasers.
Hereā€™s the value:
šŸ’° $1,310 for the Ford Charge Station Pro
šŸ’° $2,000 for home install, you have to use Qmerit for this

šŸ”Œ This includes hardwiring of charger for up to 60 amps of power and 80 feet of wire run. Ford says this is just a Q4 deal but I spoke to @jimfarley98 and he said the company will continue this if it works.

So it looks like they will be setting it up as a 48A charger (60-amp circuit).

Last edited:

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
Not unhappy with my FCSP, which was included with my Lariat ER. Wired it myself (wire cost $350 because copper is worth more than gold).

Do hope Ford bypasses Sunrun tho since that process to get the charger was awkward at best...

Does the connected charger have the CCS pins ? would be nice to have a little less bulky charger head and not have to open the little door.
First world problems lol.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Good idea, implementation and execution is the key. A mediocre plan well executed is better then the best plan in the world poorly excecuted. Fingers crossed it the former not the latter.
This!
ā€¦.See threads on Home Integration System

Sponsored
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, expedition, g8gxp, 04 gto, 73 corvette
Occupation
Director IT
The at home charger install is great, unless you're like me and bought your brand new truck 2 weeks ago and have now missed the opportunity to have it installed in your home. @Ford Motor Company, is there any sort of retroactive plan for people that bought and were caught between this promotion and the one that ended right before I bought my truck?
amen....exactly my point... :)

charging capability is not the same bucket as year to year model changes (color, hp changes etc.) and this kit should be retroactive for all owners.... I am highly disappointed in ford again for not making this retroactive.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Yeah, I am aware of that. My problem is I reduced it over the summer and wanted to jack it back up to 80A. The app says it saved, but the charge history data and math says it's still using the lowered rate. I'm still able to charge fine but it's just annoying that it won't respond.
I was having that problem as well and I rebooted (power cycled it with the breaker)the FCSP last week and it seems to be back to the 80 amp my last few charges!

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, expedition, g8gxp, 04 gto, 73 corvette
Occupation
Director IT
Is that where the creaking is coming from??!! I swore it was the door or the passenger seat.
the door on the passenger side is where the creaking is coming from on mine.....It does not have the moonroof.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
It's where mine is coming from. I can lubricate the seals on both panels of glass and it goes away for a month or so. Then it comes back. I go through a car wash multiple times a week. That might make it happen more frequently.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I was having that problem as well and I rebooted (power cycled it with the breaker)the FCSP last week and it seems to be back to the 80 amp my last few charges!
Until you go to change the limit again. Then it will take multiple reboots to get it to change. Again.

I got tired of having to reboot it so much, so I just drilled a hole in the front of the cover under the removable plate above the adjustment pot and I adjust it by hand.
Sponsored