Sponsored

BMac1203

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine went into the shop for this yesterday. The first update was a success with the second one a failure. They are waiting since yesterday for Ford Tech support to get back with them. I wish I'd have read this before taking it in. I wasn't having any problems just responded to the recall notice.
Same here - I went in for a state inspection and tossed on the recalls because the dealer service portal said I had some; I was thinking "This is great, 2 birds with 1 stone".

BUT - I wasn't having any issues before the recall, but now I am
Sponsored

Fast87t

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
The link I quoted in my post takes you to the instructions. I installed FORScan, connected to BT dongle, opened FORScan, connected to truck and performed full scan (this took a few min due to slow speed of my cheap OBD reader), backed up the appropriate module, made the change, power cycled the truck, FIXED! All in, spent maybe 15-20 min.
Ok,
When I click the link I get an article and a picture of the dongle and nothing else.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER

Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just had my truck dropped back at the house after getting 24B56 and 24P24 completed. Really appreciate the pick-up service at my local dealer. Picked up just after 9:00AM and back at the house just before 2:30PM.
Now to see how things behave with the parking sensor since I did experience the phantom sensor alerts prior.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Just had my truck dropped back at the house after getting 24B56 and 24P24 completed. Really appreciate the pick-up service at my local dealer. Picked up just after 9:00AM and back at the house just before 2:30PM.
Now to see how things behave with the parking sensor since I did experience the phantom sensor alerts prior.
Keep us posted. Still annoyed it didn’t fix mine and I’m tired of dealership time.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Just had 24B56, 24P24 and 23C38 done. I didn't have any issues prior, but decided to knock them out to get the better BlueCruise functioning. Turns out 24B56 is a real pain. Tech didn't know a lot about what to do, so I had him abandon the mobile install and drove the truck in. Took 2.5 hours, and they almost installed all three successfully. Two things to make sure they do:

1. Provide power to the 12v throughout the entire installation process.
2. Do NOT skip Step 11 (or perform it incorrectly) for 24B56. If your 360-camera looks like the
attached image with the black borders, it's wrong. Be sure to have them redo with the correct steps and it will fill the screen and have new camera buttons on the left.

Hope this helps!

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24B56 - Inoperative Front Parking Sensor(s) - IPMA Software Update for Certain 2022-24 F-150 Lightning Trucks IMG_0276
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24B56 - Inoperative Front Parking Sensor(s) - IPMA Software Update for Certain 2022-24 F-150 Lightning Trucks IMG_0275.JPG

Sponsored

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer
I took mine to the dealer a week ago (9/30), and thanks to a forum member here, I know that they attempted to perform the update 4 times on 10/1, each time while getting warnings that the 12v battery was below the 70% minimum and apparently without hooking up the power supply correctly (suspicion is that it was in charger mode rather than voltage maintenance mode, if they even connected it at all). They then parked the truck for the rest of the week. And yes, I printed the CSP and put stars next to both the first step of connecting the power supply and the step to configure the 360 camera view.

Yesterday, I asked if the truck was functional as I could just forego the update and try again later. I was told that during the process, the IPMA became non-functional (bricked) and they had to fix it before they could release it. No idea if that's true or not (though it would not surprise me), but now it is stuck at a dealer whose tech(s) don't know how to configure the power supply so that they can fix the update that absolutely requires the power supply to be configured correctly. :facepalm:

To make matters worse, my wife's Mach-E hit the HVBJB failure on Thursday evening (we knew it might fail eventually, just ridiculously bad timing), and it took 8 hours and 3 tow drivers before one finally understood that I wasn't an idiot for wanting them to use the only prescribed winch points on the vehicle to get it onto the flatbed. Her car is unfortunately now at the same dealer.

They did provide a rental for her Mach-E right away, and yesterday they finally provided a rental for my Lightning. I'm rather flabbergasted as previously the service at this dealer has been relatively good, at least compared to two other dealers we have tried in the area.

I do have a case open for both vehicles with the BEV team, but so far they have been no help whatsoever. Hopefully that will change, but I expect to be without the Lightning for at least another week or two, and without the Mach-e for a month or more.

In hindsight, I should have used mobile service for this as I could have at least watched the tech to make sure he hooked up the power supply in the right mode.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Astounding @Ford Motor Company that these technicians are NOT reading the procedures !
Annual CPE / EV Boot camp for all the Tech's needed?

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
I took mine to the dealer a week ago (9/30), and thanks to a forum member here, I know that they attempted to perform the update 4 times on 10/1, each time while getting warnings that the 12v battery was below the 70% minimum and apparently without hooking up the power supply correctly (suspicion is that it was in charger mode rather than voltage maintenance mode, if they even connected it at all). They then parked the truck for the rest of the week. And yes, I printed the CSP and put stars next to both the first step of connecting the power supply and the step to configure the 360 camera view.

Yesterday, I asked if the truck was functional as I could just forego the update and try again later. I was told that during the process, the IPMA became non-functional (bricked) and they had to fix it before they could release it. No idea if that's true or not (though it would not surprise me), but now it is stuck at a dealer whose tech(s) don't know how to configure the power supply so that they can fix the update that absolutely requires the power supply to be configured correctly. :facepalm:

To make matters worse, my wife's Mach-E hit the HVBJB failure on Thursday evening (we knew it might fail eventually, just ridiculously bad timing), and it took 8 hours and 3 tow drivers before one finally understood that I wasn't an idiot for wanting them to use the only prescribed winch points on the vehicle to get it onto the flatbed. Her car is unfortunately now at the same dealer.

They did provide a rental for her Mach-E right away, and yesterday they finally provided a rental for my Lightning. I'm rather flabbergasted as previously the service at this dealer has been relatively good, at least compared to two other dealers we have tried in the area.

I do have a case open for both vehicles with the BEV team, but so far they have been no help whatsoever. Hopefully that will change, but I expect to be without the Lightning for at least another week or two, and without the Mach-e for a month or more.

In hindsight, I should have used mobile service for this as I could have at least watched the tech to make sure he hooked up the power supply in the right mode.
Dude that sucks hard. Sorry.

Really wish ford would get some training videos up for all their techs. This is getting ridiculous.

@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored