First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I had to delete the 12AM-9AM charge times to get "Anytime" charging so it is one or the other
Exactly!

I edited post 41 to correct erroneous instruction.
Sponsored

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Just discovered another fluke, but it's fixable, by using the DELETE button while editing the scheme. It will take extra time to SAVE to the cloud, and you will need to back up two menu levels to see the changes posted when you go back to the details screen.

In the truck SYNC screen we have a DELETE [time frames} button this is effectively the same and restores the ANYTIME condition

1728524542566-u2.jpg
I prefer to just use the App and not go to the truck

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I prefer to just use the App and not go to the truck
I do as well, but battling the glitches, slow storing process, and complete redesign with little documentation, it's maddening, imagine the folks less technically adept.

My wife would NEVER get any of this and to get the general population to adopt requires intuitive fast and well documented processes.

COme on @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I do as well, but battling the glitches, slow storing process, and complete redesign with little documentation, it's maddening, imagine the folks less technically adept.

My wife would NEVER get any of this and to get the general population to adopt requires intuitive fast and well documented processes.

COme on @Ford Motor Company
Ford really needs a "Precondition Now" button

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford really needs a "Precondition Now" button

Only with regard to battery warming process I appreciate the idea, otherwise this button is your next best solution but only for cabin conditioning.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728526273657-pb

The randomness of "When" the truck thinks it should start battery warming led to them sticking with the "Departure Time" methodology, as they want to capitalize on it being plugged in and self preparing based on your intended leave time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Only with regard to battery warming process I appreciate the idea, otherwise this button is your next best solution but only for cabin conditioning.

1728526273657-pb.jpg
they need on with a "P" for preconditioning the battery only

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
they need on with a "P" for preconditioning the battery only
BUT

It's upwards of an hour prior the process is most effective, a lot of folks are sleeping in until the last minute of the morning, having a schedule takes care of business.

I can understand some folks have variable schedules, then your doing one of two things, editing the schedule or remembering to wake up, grab the phone early enough to click the [P] button then go about the morning constitutional routine and by the time you walk out the door she is ready to drive.

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
BUT

It's upwards of an hour prior the process is most effective, a lot of folks are sleeping in until the last minute of the morning, having a schedule takes care of business.

I can understand some folks have variable schedules, then your doing one of two things, editing the schedule or remembering to wake up, grab the phone early enough to click the [P] button then go about the morning constitutional routine and by the time you walk out the door she is ready to drive.
Easier to push a button than to have to set the time on the App

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Funny story about this controversy came to Farley's attention and he highlighted the issue by advising we simply set an early departure time ie. several hours prior to our actual leave time to get that battery ready, the heat would be retained sufficiently that it's benefits were still present when we actually leave, if you wanted the seats & cabin warm, that only required a click of the cabin condition button while you were still eating breakfast.
Sponsored