Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
😤 - This is really starting to suck!!

‘Mr Farley’ promised F-150 Lightning owners nearly two years ago that we would have lane change functionality by the end of 2023.

😤 - Nothing!!

😤 - I paid a boatload more money for my Lightning then any Mach-e, but have seen no NEW features added.

😤 - Oh wait. I forgot. I’ve been ‘promised’ Karaoke is coming soon.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
At this point Ford is just trolling us or they are doing what they do with ICE and not following the Tesla lead which is, if you want the latest and greatest trade your old model in.

Truck works fine as is, but I think we can forget about getting anything new and exciting.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Ford, don’t you want the data collection and subscription revenue from the existing fleet? Few current owners are going to continue their subscriptions if BlueCruise is never upgraded.

It’s painfully obvious it’s not going toward feature development and support for our trucks.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
All this just on the heels of Tesla giving most every car another 30 days of FSD.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
If that is the policy, it needs to be more clearly stated, as it stands now I am under the impression that OTA's and enhancements are possible as long as the requisite hardware is present on the vehicle.

1729525726347-9f.jpg
I think it is as clearly stated as most other things from Ford about the Lightning…… as many have stated including yourself……. crickets!!! -unless you post a picture of your truck.😤

Sponsored

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
It’s even more annoying that @Ford Motor Company replies to photos and other trivial posts (“great truck, thanks for sharing”) but completely keeps us in the dark on posts like this one.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I really question if there will be any meaningful updates of any kind to come. They cant seem to get anything going and there is about to be a new MY to convolute which owners need which software. Heck how long did it take for everyone to get 6.8 to get the stupid SOC digits on the cluster. Im sure there are still plenty of people out there anxiously awaiting that small change, much less a BC update.

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I really question if there will be any meaningful updates to come. They cant seem to get anything going and there is about to be a new MY to convolute which owners need which software. Heck how long did it take for everyone to get 6.8 to get the stupid SOC digits on the cluster. Im sure there are still plenty of people out there anxiously awaiting that small change, much less a BC update.
Which is sad. The Truck is outstanding but I think the expectations from almost everyone getting into EV’s is that your truck will never be behind the newer model in software. This is a bar that Tesla set and Ford has failed to reach it. They are wasting an opportunity and I’m not sure why.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Flash 312A
We know they can do it, because 2024’s are shipping with 1.2 from the factory. I don’t know why it’s taking them so long to push it out to 22-23 trucks. Ford needs to get their OTA process sorted ASAP.

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
You can get updated BlueCruise with an APIM and IPMA update, which should be done during the front parking sensor CSP, plus some configuration changes using Forscan. It's not as easy as an OTA but if you already have the hardware to run Forscan it's free.

neeonline

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting Lariat SR
Who in the Ford company thought this would be received well enough from current owners?

This is so frustrating.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Who in the Ford company thought this would be received well enough from current owners?

This is so frustrating.
They have your money, they are trying to get someone else's money. This is the traditional way auto makers have operated; want a new feature, buy a new car. Seems short sighted.