• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Finally got my grill done but waiting on Ford emblem overlay.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Is the grille wrapped or paint? Nice execution, I want to do something with that real estate. Was thinking fiber optics like starlight's that you see in the headliners.

Steve 22 Lightning

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Is the grille wrapped or paint? Nice execution, I want to do something with that real estate. Was thinking fiber optics like starlight's that you see in the headliners.
I wanted to wrap it but could not find a color to match . So I had to go to my dealerships body shop paint it was the only way to get it to match . As time passed I realize that I like it more and more every time I see it that this is the way it should look .😃🤗

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Started the stereo upgrade install. It'll take me a few days. Old speaker vs new and sound material. The factory speakers are so cheap. They literally could't be paying more than $25 each for these things.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3078

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3079

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3100

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Started the stereo upgrade install. It'll take me a few days. Old speaker vs new and sound material. The factory speakers are so cheap. They literally could't be paying more than $25 each for these things.

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3100.jpeg

I hope you're going to power those Focal speakers. The factory signal will absolutely do them no justice. They require much more power than what is feeding those factory drivers.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I hope you're going to power those Focal speakers. The factory signal will absolutely do them no justice. They require much more power than what is feeding those factory drivers.
JL Audio 600/6 Vxi - running front all active along with the rear doors. Dedicated JL Audio 500 amp for the sub - 10" TW3 - slim line version. The NavTV A2B unit is on the back side of the board. Makes it plug and play.
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3024

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
JL Audio 600/6 Vxi - running front all active along with the rear doors. Dedicated JL Audio 500 amp for the sub - 10" TW3 - slim line version. The NavTV A2B unit is on the back side of the board. Makes it plug and play.
IMG_3024.jpeg

Nice setup you got there! Your main audio signal will be thru truck's audio system? I will have something similar setup so I can listen to stock audio but my main music source will be from my Astell&Kern high rez DAP. I have to talk with my installer and figure out which exact route I want to go with my gear and setup.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Nice setup you got there! Your main audio signal will be thru truck's audio system? I will have something similar setup so I can listen to stock audio but my main music source will be from my Astell&Kern high rez DAP. I have to talk with my installer and figure out which exact route I want to go with my gear and setup.
Truly I'm still torn about music sources. I know that bluetooth and XM are not good if you're looking for quality. For the time being I've ripped about 80 of my older CD's to FLAC files and have them on a USB.

I've only ever used Pandora as a paid service, but am looking at Apple Music - report is they have the highest bit rate. I'll have to run Car Play wired to keep any quality - Bluetooth would kill any quality I have.

So truly investigating to see what options are out there to take advantage of the system going in.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Truly I'm still torn about music sources. I know that bluetooth and XM are not good if you're looking for quality. For the time being I've ripped about 80 of my older CD's to FLAC files and have them on a USB.

I've only ever used Pandora as a paid service, but am looking at Apple Music - report is they have the highest bit rate. I'll have to run Car Play wired to keep any quality - Bluetooth would kill any quality I have.

So truly investigating to see what options are out there to take advantage of the system going in.
I think I have found the solution you are looking for .....

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? tape

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Very proud of the humble and dead-simple mod I threw in my Lightning today. Baby is due in January (our first) and will ride home from the hospital in style.

B0DB3A4A-D25D-4179-850E-56CAB6F3126D.jpeg
Congratulations but you may want to change the car seat to the other side (passenger). This way you don’t loose the ability to flip up the 2 seater for certain cargo.

TX_Gator

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Lariat
Congratulations but you may want to change the car seat to the other side (passenger). This way you don’t loose the ability to flip up the 2 seater for certain cargo.
I second that suggestion, it is very nice to retain the flip up on 60 part of the 60/40 fold.

I also highly recommend one of these baby cameras that has night vision to keep an eye on the rear facing little one. It is way easier to see than the traditional mirrors and thus is far safer to monitor while you’re driving.

https://a.co/d/9oB62ET

One of the the first things I’m going to attempt on my lightning is to try to wire up this camera as a trailer cam to display on the main screen.
Sponsored