• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Link for grill? I didn't see those on etsy.

That looks really nice and I think better than just a center stripe.
That's the OEM grille, the white is just painted. The "black" is the stock color.

Btw... I noticed the 24 has a different grille.
Sponsored

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
Today I did the single most important mod ever on my lightning:

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 1000005929

Okay, maybe some context is needed! When I bought my first car, it was used, and when cleaning it out I found a toy dinosaur under the passenger seat. I put it up on the dash, and it stayed there the whole time I had the vehicle. When I bought my next car, my girlfriend at the time bought me a new dinosaur for the new vehicle. And since that time every vehicle I've owned has had a dinosaur on the dash. Different dinosaur in each vehicle, never purchased by me. This one was picked out by my daughter (9).

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Very cool. Thank goodness it isn’t a duck.

Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
I'll add that Bob's mirrors has some newer mirrors that can be added if cost isn't an issue and you want something fancier. For example, this mirror is plug and play, has the homelink buttons hidden on the bottom and is frameless. I just didn't want to pay that much.
I bought one of these but it didn’t come with any install instructions. Would you mind sharing how you did yours?

Is it as simple as pulling down the overhead console and plugging in?

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
I bought one of these but it didn’t come with any install instructions. Would you mind sharing how you did yours?

Is it as simple as pulling down the overhead console and plugging in?
Sure! Unscrew the old mirror from the glass and unplug the old plug front the mirror. Plug the old plug into the adapter. Plug the adapter into the new mirror. Pull down the overhead console - just stick your fingers in around the edges and pull straight down gently. Tuck the excess wire into the area behind the console. Push the console back in place and screw the new mirror into place. That should be it!

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 1000006115

:(:(:(

On the bright side, the TPMS on this truck is way nicer than what I had on the Tesla, the Tesla wouldn't report pressures unless the vehicle was in motion, and had been for a few minutes. This truck noticed the pressure drop while parked, and without me going anywhere was able to give me real time pressure updates as I filled the truck tire.

Sponsored

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
A tool box in the frunk triggered the emergency release button earlier this week. Added this to prevent a recurrence. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5445669

IMG_8240.jpg
Oh I'm going to have to print one of these. Was loading the frunk the other day and could not for the life of me figure out what was beeping. It was this :D

edit: man, that snaps on real good! Printed with my Bambu labs x1c with a blue that matches the accent color and black for the base

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_4595
Sponsored

Last edited: