OP

TheBertShow

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB
What’s a good PSI for daily driving? Mine are running about 32 PSI each (haven’t adjusted since taking delivery). They’re the stock Dynapro
AT2.
It never really gets that cold where I live. In the winter months the highs get in the 40’s and 50’s. Low’s MIGHT get below freezing once or twice a year.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheBertShow

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB
Your average speed was 62 mph and 13 miles of the 49 miles was city driving? Seems like you were moving at a pretty good clip for the entire trip. I have to drive it pretty hard to get down to 1.4. If you're the lead car though and there's any type of a head wind, you can get down that low. I'm at a lifetime average of 2.3 after 31,000 miles in 20 months. Highway speed limit in PA is 70 mph, so I try to keep cruise at 77. You can get better efficiency if you want it, you'll just need to slow down.
Probably going faster than I should, yes. And “city driving” means different things to different folks I suppose. Hurricane Milton was nearby so there was definitely some wind.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
What’s a good PSI for daily driving? Mine are running about 32 PSI each (haven’t adjusted since taking delivery). They’re the stock Dynapro
AT2.
It never really gets that cold where I live. In the winter months the highs get in the 40’s and 50’s. Low’s MIGHT get below freezing once or twice a year.
I have the same tires. Should be run at 36 psi per the door. I tend to run mine at 40 psi, and they've been wearing fine.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
What’s a good PSI for daily driving? Mine are running about 32 PSI each (haven’t adjusted since taking delivery). They’re the stock Dynapro AT2.
Inflate your tires to whatever it says on the door. Our trucks don't all have the same factory tires. My truck says 42psi.

As for the original post, as other have said the low efficiency is due to speed and wind. A headwind that isn't even noticeable can make a huge difference.

I did a 200 mile trip yesterday at 72mph with an elevation gain, and efficiency was 2.0. Coming home I got 2.2 at 74mph. I don't know what the wind conditions were, but the elevation decrease helped for sure.

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
69 MPH gets me 2.5 KWH/mile giggity
I run 40 PSI warm on my 24 lariat. I have found at least from my commute no reason to drive fast. I find it comical when I see people fly past me and then when I get off on the exit, I see them at the same light waiting to go where ever they going. Makes me chuckle speeding gets you nowhere faster unless you’re going hundreds of miles on the freeway and even then it’s not much faster. 😂🤣

Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I'm in Northern Alabama, you will see a winter temp hit below 60. Usually .1 to .2 m/kwh drop.

If you really change tires to fat wide ones you will lose m/kwh

15k miles on my XLT ER and my average m/kwh is 2.1 to 2.2. Short trips always grossly over estimate the m/kwh in my experience.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Had my lightning for just about 10 days and while I love it so far, I was pretty disappointed with this efficiency. Of those 49 miles, 36 or so were on the interstate, setting cruise to 79 mph. All flat on I-95 in Coastal Georgia. The first 13 or so miles were from my house to interstate, and up to that point it had gotten about 2 to 2.1 on those 13 miles (cityish driving). Outside temp hovered between 65-70 as sun was coming up.

Is this what I should expect for interstate driving at that speed? It was close to 30% of the battery. Will it take a while to “break in”? I’ve got about 750 miles on the truck. At this point I might just as well put 37” mud tires on it 😂

IMG_5155.jpeg
Yep that is the efficiency you can currently expect. It will get worse as winter sets in, the air becomes more dense and you decide you want heat too. (Another 10-15% hit likely until you drive in the really cold)

The only way to increase it is to slow down and bundle up. 🤷‍♂️

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I had a similar reaction after my first road trip on I-75 😂
This was about a year ago.
I run at 40psi. When road tripping in the Lightning, which is not often, I’ve been conditioned to just set the cruise at 65 for the interstate. It’s the only way to get anywhere without stopping to charge every eleventeen seconds in my standard range. Depending on the wind, that’s usually between 2.2 and 2.4 m/kwh carrying about 400 pounds of gear in the bed.

In the time that has passed, I’ve grown increasingly fond of the Lightning. But if you’re just wanting to get from a to b at 80mph, turn and burn and get back, that’s it’s achilles heal.
Good luck!!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
1.4 kw/79 mpg? sounds about right. I get 2.0 at 70. 1.8 at 75 mph
Sponsored