Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Here's a link to my 1 year report.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/1-year-report.17069/

So, my 2 year report is pretty boring. Only problems with the truck, other than the CSP'S and recalls, is the creaking of the moonroof that I never wanted. I can lube the seals, and it goes away for awhile, but it comes back after a month or so. My bi-weekly trips through the car wash probably contribute to it coming back sooner, rather than later.

I'll also need new tires before winter. The Generals are wearing pretty good. I might even go with another set. They are a lot cheaper than most options in the weight class, and for my highway driving, they work ok.

The picture below is my lifetime efficiency since I picked it up on October 5th, 2022.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2 year report 1000031117
Sponsored

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I also liked the Generals, had 42.3k miles with no flats in almost 2 years. Then last week picked up 2 screws in different tires on the same day. Tires still had some life left but one wasn’t repairable. My tire guy couldn’t find any Generals fast enough so I went with Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 116H XL
Very nice tire for an extra $80 per.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Great news with your report!!

Nearly 50K on the tires is encouraging, I'm only at 20,373 miles after 26 months on the road.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
For all of you that liked the Generals, how did you feel about their winter/snow performance. That is where they fell short for me and why I upgrade to snow rated A/Ts after ~20k miles. That said, I drive my kids on back roads in the hill towns of upstate NY so I wanted it to be surefooted.

I just hit 2 years with mine as well and still very much in love with the truck. A couple minor warranty and recall issues but nothing serious. and no creaking from my glass roof [knock on wood]

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I also liked the Generals, had 42.3k miles with no flats in almost 2 years. Then last week picked up 2 screws in different tires on the same day. Tires still had some life left but one wasn’t repairable. My tire guy couldn’t find any Generals fast enough so I went with Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 116H XL
Very nice tire for an extra $80 per.
Have you noticed and drop in your efficiency with the Defenders?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
For all of you that liked the Generals, how did you feel about their winter/snow performance. That is where they fell short for me and why I upgrade to snow rated A/Ts after ~20k miles. That said, I drive my kids on back roads in the hill towns of upstate NY so I wanted it to be surefooted.

I just hit 2 years with mine as well and still very much in love with the truck. A couple minor warranty and recall issues but nothing serious. and no creaking from my glass roof [knock on wood]
I'm not doing a lot of of off road driving. I'm mostly highway and surface streets. I'm not saying the Generals are an excellent snow tire, but I never felt like I was going to lose control on my commute.

My rational with going back with the Generals are to keep the efficiency I know I get with them, and the cost difference. You can get 4 Generals for the price of 3 Defenders.

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
Have you noticed and drop in your efficiency with the Defenders?
I just got the defenders (After 60k miles on the Generals). I have not noticed a significant drop in efficiency (after another 3k miles on them). I was worried about it, but it seems a non-issue. I know this isn't scientific, but there are so many factors that change efficiency on a day-to-day basis and haven't seen any noticeable difference.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm at 32k on my Generals, probably could have gotten to 40k but lost one on the highway (no idea what I hit, never felt it) so I'm splurging for some A/T now. Crossing my fingers that the hit isn't too bad.

My lifetime is 2.5, but 60-70% of my driving is city commute. Highway I get about the same, 1.9-2.1 depending on wind. I guess I shouldn't complain too much considering my high average efficiency. We'll see how I feel in another 2 years. I'm sure I'll still love the truck at a minimum!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
My 2 year, 48,000 miles report is also 'boring'.... but, in a VERY good way : )

Tires: all look like brand new.

Maintenance: haven't graced the doors of a Ford Dealer, or ANY shop, since my truck arrived in August 2022. Everything looks good, feels good, and hasn't given me any ioda of a reason to think otherwise.

A trip to the beach with the camper this weekend, with ProPower all the way, will be a breeze.

Tesla Supercharging has made things a LOT more comfortable, and reliable, for trips. Lectron NACS-to-CCS is working perfectly.

so boring...

Ford F-150 Lightning 2 year report Model A and the LIGHTNING! 1922 to 2022....JPG

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Yep, thanks for this. I’m closing in on my 2 year mark (December 30th). I too have the General Grabbers and they have proven to be surprisingly good tires and handle well in a variety of conditions. Nice to see you’re getting 50K miles out of yours. I’ll probably be just shy of 30K miles when I hit the 2 year mark.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2 year, 48,000 miles report is also 'boring'.... but, in a VERY good way : )

Tires: all look like brand new.

Maintenance: haven't graced the doors of a Ford Dealer, or ANY shop, since my truck arrived in August 2022. Everything looks good, feels good, and hasn't given me any ioda of a reason to think otherwise.

A trip to the beach with the camper this weekend, with ProPower all the way, will be a breeze.

Tesla Supercharging has made things a LOT more comfortable, and reliable, for trips. Lectron NACS-to-CCS is working perfectly.

so boring...

Model A and the LIGHTNING! 1922 to 2022....JPG
That's great to hear, William! That's a stunning F-150 Lightning!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat

Winter on the Generals is quite poor. After a month, I dropped them for a set of Blizzaks on ICE takeoffs in my profile pic. The difference is stark.
I run the Generals in the summer and like them - quiet, smooth tires and seem to tolerate the torque the Lightning delivers.
Sponsored