• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$500 for Mobile Power Cord?

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
Just noticing a $500 charge for a mobile power cord on the window sticker of a 23 Lariat ER I’m looking at. Is this normal? I thought these included a power cord AND an 80amp wall charger at no extra charge.
Ford F-150 Lightning $500 for Mobile Power Cord? IMG_6666
Sponsored

Lucky26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just noticing a $500 charge for a mobile power cord on the window sticker of a 23 Lariat ER I’m looking at. Is this normal? I thought these included a power cord AND an 80amp wall charger at no extra charge.
IMG_6666.jpeg
I think they pulled it out with the pricing change. It’s pretty useless to me so I pulled it out of my build. I can always get a third party one later or use points and the current accessories 15% discount to get it.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
was optional on my Lariat ordered Dec 2022. I have one but doubt if it will ever be used. consider it like a spare tire. expensive but when you need it... well, you need it.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Standard on ‘22s, option on ‘23s.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Just say, "No" if it's not too late. There are much better mobile options available, especially ones that have selectable power outputs. If you're using a mobile, you need options under 240V/30A. It's a shame there are probably some trucks being delivered where that $500 option on the sticker could net out to $8000.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That truck will also come with the 80A FCSP as well, shipped later from SunRun if you buy this dealer stock truck.

OP
OP

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lame.
Just say, "No" if it's not too late. There are much better mobile options available, especially ones that have selectable power outputs. If you're using a mobile, you need options under 240V/30A. It's a shame there are probably some trucks being delivered where that $500 option on the sticker could net out to $8000.
I didn’t custom order it. Buying a dealer order.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Lame.

I didn’t custom order it. Buying a dealer order.
It is what it is. I wouldn’t let this stop me from buying the truck if I’m good with everything also.

OP
OP

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is what it is. I wouldn’t let this stop me from buying the truck if I’m good with everything also.
Yeah, I won't. It's just $500 that I'd rather put towards a bed liner or other accessory. I have a mobile charger I can use already.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I found my mobile charger to be quite useful while I waited for my charge station pro to be installEd. Unfortunately, the installs was delayed because the original charger arrived damaged in shipping. Now, I keep it in my Frunk in case I am somewhere where I need a charge and there is not a nearby charge station.

So, the question is: Would I order the mobile charger if I was ordering a 23 or 24? Answer: Yes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found my mobile charger to be quite useful while I waited for my charge station pro to be installEd. Unfortunately, the installs was delayed because the original charger arrived damaged in shipping. Now, I keep it in my Frunk in case I am somewhere where I need a charge and there is not a nearby charge station.

So, the question is: Would I order the mobile charger if I was ordering a 23 or 24? Answer: Yes.
already have a home charger (ChargePoint) and I’ve literally never used my mobile charger in 2 years of EV ownership other than than to see if it worked once.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
That's what I did, figured I'd put the $500 towards the $900 Pro Charger I got on Craigslist

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Mine was already on my 23 when I bought my lightning from dealer lot in January. Yes it was a $500 line item ad on sticker as shown. I do use it daily and it suits my needs just fine and is covered by my trucks warranty if ever needed.

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
As others have noted, there are better options out there, for less money. The 30A charger needs at least a 40A circuit to run. So a 30A dryer outlet is technically not sufficient, and the stupid Ford mobile EVSE does not have the option to select a lower amperage. If you do need a portable EVSE there are lots of better choices.

I own a similar one to this one that I am linking to. Current amazon price is under $200

Vevor from Amazon

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
IMG_6666.jpeg
I've got one brand new I'll sell you for half that
Sponsored