• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding power mirrors to XLT

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
it will depend on your door harness, but really simple.

I had already upgraded my door harnesses for the remote entry (on a pro with tow tech) to the i believe XLT version of keyless entry (not lariat) so i was quite close

1712158994230-cb.png

but you need the power fold mirrors the door control switch, and or potentially the wires if needed.

I have some video when doing mine from awhile ago ill see if I can dig up. bright ideas to be helpful but much more annoying to edit and publish. I only had to pull wire from the door connector for the electrochromic mirror. the others are for the DDM/PDM to the top plug super simple. I can probably re-lookup the pins i used if you want to do it cheaper than BGG designs
How did you remove the connector on the driver door. I have a 22f150 PB XLT so same doors as a lightning. I added power fold mirrors and would like to add the auto dim on driver mirror but I could not figure out how to get that darn connector disconnected.
Sponsored

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
How did you remove the connector on the driver door. I have a 22f150 PB XLT so same doors as a lightning. I added power fold mirrors and would like to add the auto dim on driver mirror but I could not figure out how to get that darn connector disconnected.
it is super annoying I did shoot a short clip of it let me see if I can find it.

basically there are several clips underneath that rubber boot if i recall correctly i was able to soft of pop it out by hand once i figured out how it worked. kinda push on the middle with the thumb toward the front of the vehicle and popped it free.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
So I saw this thread and also a similar one in the F150Gen14 forum and started looking for some power fold mirrors on ebay, etc. I happened to find a guy selling take offs from an ICE F150 Lariat which were the same color as my truck (Carbonized Grey). Bought those, the boosted grey goose harness and a new door switch (ML3Z-14529-CC). The mirror and harness install are very straight forward. Everything is working, 360 cams, BLIS, puddles, etc. Here are the part numbers of the mirrors. The drivers side is also dimming but I chose not to wire that up as I have heard some people don't like it and I really don't need it.
Ford F-150 Lightning Adding power mirrors to XLT IMG_1002

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding power mirrors to XLT IMG_1003

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
it will depend on your door harness, but really simple.

I had already upgraded my door harnesses for the remote entry (on a pro with tow tech) to the i believe XLT version of keyless entry (not lariat) so i was quite close

1712158994230-cb.png

but you need the power fold mirrors the door control switch, and or potentially the wires if needed.

I have some video when doing mine from awhile ago ill see if I can dig up. bright ideas to be helpful but much more annoying to edit and publish. I only had to pull wire from the door connector for the electrochromic mirror. the others are for the DDM/PDM to the top plug super simple. I can probably re-lookup the pins i used if you want to do it cheaper than BGG designs
2023 Lightning XLT here. I sourced a power folding mirror from EBay (driver's side only). Bought the new door control switch from Ford dealer. Bought the Boosted basic harness.

So far, I could only find the driver's side power folding mirror.

Wired up both doors with the Boosted cables. Verified the new pins were fully inserted and locked all around.

Made the above-listed DDM, PDM ( I figured "why not" even though there's no passenger power mirror yet, as the new added Boosted pins are de facto unconnected circuits until I add the power mirror), and APIM changes, except the telescoping mirror change, as all my mirrors are non-telescopic.

BLUF: the driver's power mirror does not fold or unfold under any condition - not when using the new FOLD / UNFOLD button on the door control, and not when locking and unlocking. Moreover, the APIM choices under SETTINGS / VEHICLE / MIRRORS are there but grayed out.

Anyone run into such a situation?

One possibility: the new EBay-sourced mirror assembly is faulty. Another possibility: the truck's modules must sense both power mirrors as present before this function can work.

It's almost like I'm missing a step somewhere... I'll relook this tomorrow. Comments welcome.

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
How about the "plan B" option... (20) years ago, I recall slip on mirror extensions. Seems like a simple solution, but I cannot find anything for a 2021 F-150. Has anyone on here found slip on mirror extensions that work well?
Sponsored