First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
But your range and fuel level still aren't updating. Is that isolate or are most of you seeing that?
Mines the same, been since your first release.
Sponsored

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost 4x4
Empty ETA here as well. :(

Also, when I use the hamburger menu and tap on refresh, it doesn't seem to actually be getting the current data. Meaning, I did a refresh and it was still showing yesterday's date. Then I went into Ford Pass and did a refresh there, and then back to the widget and with this refresh it then had the "current" date.

I do love the updated truck picture!

Ford F-150 Lightning Android widget Screenshot_20220302-113225_One UI Home

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Empty ETA here as well. :(

Also, when I use the hamburger menu and tap on refresh, it doesn't seem to actually be getting the current data. Meaning, I did a refresh and it was still showing yesterday's date. Then I went into Ford Pass and did a refresh there, and then back to the widget and with this refresh it then had the "current" date.

I do love the updated truck picture!

Screenshot_20220302-113225_One UI Home.jpg
Same with the update, just tried it exactly like you and same results.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
Ok, without some JSON data I don't know what else to look at. I believe I'm looking at the same fields as @tonesto7 iOS widget but just not finding any data there.

The easiest way to get data (for me, and maybe you) works if you have root on your phone. Somewhere inside the /data folder is the app's folder (com.example.khughes.machewiget),and inside it is a shared_data folder with an XML file based on your VIN (i.e., 1FTEX1E...xml). That file has all the info for your car that I need (no personal data). If anyone can get that file, send to me in a DM.

The next option is to get a logcat output. You will need to go into Settings and turn on "Enable verbose HTTP logging". Start grabbing the logcat output, and then do a refresh in the app (if that's not working for you). Next, filter all the lines which contain "OkHttp" and/or "934TXS". This output will contain your login credentials for Ford. I don't need that, so scrub it (although if you're particularly trusting, leave it in so I can grab data myself). Then send that to me in a DM. (Oh, and then disable the verbose HTTP output)

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Try refreshing the widget with the truck running, I don't think it reports fuel level when it is off.

Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
I could, but I'd first like to confirm that's the issue.
Would it matter? I say this because if it caches the data from the last time the truck was started/running, those values won't change regardless...

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Would it matter? I say this because if it caches the data from the last time the truck was started/running, those values won't change regardless...
Well, yes: if I'm not reading the data correctly, then I'm caching garbage.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
@kennelh I won't be getting my F150 for at least 2 more weeks (well I have a 2017 F150, but not sure that would work). When I do I can help you with any data dumps you need.

Sponsored

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do see the widget retrieving the data from Ford on a refresh. e.g.:
Bash:
jq -r '.vehiclestatus.lockStatus.timestamp' foo.json
03-02-2022 19:14:17
And there is fuel data too, albeit a negative fuel level is rather odd:
Bash:
jq -r '.vehiclestatus.fuel' foo.json
{
  "fuelLevel": -5.217408,
  "distanceToEmpty": 734.5,
  "status": "CURRENT",
  "timestamp": "03-02-2022 19:14:17"
}
But this data was actually retrieved at 19:52, not 19:14 which is interesting.

So, I hopped into the FordPass app and noticed that the timestamps did indeed line-up (43 minutes ago is close enough to 19:14):
Ford F-150 Lightning Android widget 1646251416177

I did one pull-down refresh in FordPass and it was a no-op... no change. Did the pull-down refresh again, and this time it updated:
Ford F-150 Lightning Android widget 1646251424384

And a refresh back in the widget confirms the new timestamp: 19:58:29

So, I think this all means that things are getting cached on the Ford side and the pull-down in the FordPass app is triggering it to actually query the vehicle.

Oh, and as far as fuel level, that also got corrected (in the json), but the widget is still reporting N/A. From the widget update after the FordPass pull-down refresh:
Bash:
jq -r '.vehiclestatus.fuel' foo.json
{
  "fuelLevel": 75.00024,
  "distanceToEmpty": 734.5,
  "status": "CURRENT",
  "timestamp": "03-02-2022 19:58:29"
}

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This was useful. Have you noticed any times when the output was null/empty for vehiclestatus.fuel? My code has null pointer checks and if it detects one then skips updating the field. That's what appears to be happening.

I'm going to add some extra null checks tied to toast messages to see if that's what's happening. It's easier than getting logcats o_O

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This was useful. Have you noticed any times when the output was null/empty for vehiclestatus.fuel? My code has null pointer checks and if it detects one then skips updating the field. That's what appears to be happening.

I'm going to add some extra null checks tied to toast messages to see if that's what's happening. It's easier than getting logcats o_O
I haven't seen vehiclestatus.fuel empty, just that weird negative amount on occasion (which seems totally illogical, but this is Ford we're talking about!).

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
That's interesting. If I lock or unlock the doors with the widget or fordpass app, the fuel level gets messed up when the widget gets data, but the rest of the widget updates (like the alarm being armed). If I do a refresh pulldown in the fordpass app, and then refresh the widget, the fuel level is correct again, as well as everything else being updated. It does seem a lot of times I have to wake the truck up for it to respond to any commands or refresh requests through the fordpass app, I do this by unlocking and then locking with the keyfob.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Version 2022.03.03 is uploaded. This version has one change of interest to F-150 owners. I've added the ability to capture logging data locally to a file, so logcats should no longer be needed in most circumstances. To use it, enable logging in Settings, then when you want to send me the log output, save the file from the three-dot menu. It will copy the file to your Download folder. The Ford credentials are wiped before being logged, so you don't need to worry about that.
Sponsored

Last edited: