Sponsored

Any one here have a Fisker reservation?

Garyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV 6 2023 Ford Lighting Pro
I know the Fisker Ocean isn't a direct competitor to the F150 but I'm curious if any one here received the "Its time to decide " Fisker email. They want me to send an additional $750 to keep my reservation and at that point it's non refundable. I have only saw the vehicle in pictures and it looks like no opportunity to see live
Sponsored

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
I have reservation for a One. Wish I didn’t. No idea if/when it will be delivered. They are making token deliveries to generate cash but seems they never committed to enough parts to build more than 300 and are now using supply chain/quality excuse because the need parts for 20,000 plus. I’m in for $5,250 non refundable and I canceled and Extreme Oder months ago. If it is delivered I will buy but not sure if I will keep it. I hate to use the term “fan boys” but the majority of those on the Fiskerati site will defend HF no matter how poorly he manages this company not taking into account he bankrupted the the last company he owned.
If ever delivered I think it will be a great car but right now I’m not holding my breath. To be sure I also own couple thousand shares of FSR and its tanking too.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I would only keep it if you are ok with the chance of your reservation money disappearing if they ever went bankrupt. I definitely think they and other EV startups like Rivian and Lucid have an uphill battle ahead of them in terms of scaling fast enough to compete and turn a profit.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a reservation. My wife was planning on getting one. The omission of the frunk is causing us to second guess (frunk makes up for smaller size of SUV).

OP
OP

Garyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV 6 2023 Ford Lighting Pro
I haven’t followed that close. They omitted the frunk? I have a bad habit of picking up strays. I’m probably just going to get my $250 refunded and call it a day

Sponsored

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
My understanding was volume deliveries were supposedly just starting June 19, 2023. With that knowledge, I don't expect to see one on the road for another few months.

With Magna Steyr handling production, I fully expect them to get there. With an experienced contract manufacturer as a partner, it won't yield the same margins as a car eventually would/should, but this way they don't have to learn how to build cars first.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I had a reservation early with Fisker. I cancelled when they tried to pull the non refundable BS last year. (I think they wanted $5000..non refundable).

I guess its not vaporware, but Fisker is really non responsive when it comes to details, specs, etc. Lots of red flags here and I don't feel comfortable. There are just so many better options out there for the money.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I have reservation for a One. Wish I didn’t. No idea if/when it will be delivered. They are making token deliveries to generate cash but seems they never committed to enough parts to build more than 300 and are now using supply chain/quality excuse because the need parts for 20,000 plus. I’m in for $5,250 non refundable and I canceled and Extreme Oder months ago. If it is delivered I will buy but not sure if I will keep it. I hate to use the term “fan boys” but the majority of those on the Fiskerati site will defend HF no matter how poorly he manages this company not taking into account he bankrupted the the last company he owned.
If ever delivered I think it will be a great car but right now I’m not holding my breath. To be sure I also own couple thousand shares of FSR and its tanking too.
I posted my concerns on a fisker message board and was promptly banned. The Fisker cult is is even worse than Tesla..and I never thought I could say that...

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I got my invite to order today. The Frunk omission may be the reason we don't pull the trigger.
Sponsored