• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Appointment just "gets you in line?" Is this a Ford thing?

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Dealers, especially the service depts run on their own schedule. When I have an appointment, it goes in and gets looked at same day.

If it's busy or running behind then there might be a wait. However, my dealer has enough experience to not get a big backlog.
Sponsored

No Oil HaHa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The dealer I’m using(small town, pop: 6,500) is taking care of the above mentioned CSP at the same time as the 30k service. I’ll drop it off at 7:30am and they said they will perform the update while they are servicing the truck. Should be a couple of hours.

The dealership where we bought my wife’s last car and I use their quick lane for my ICE truck follows the “appointment just gets you in the door” nonsense.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
My Lightning sat unmoved in the dealership parking lot for 5 weeks for replacement of 2 HV battery modules one year ago. @Ford Motor Company made the "arrangements" for me at the dealership. Ford was definitely knowledgeable, and likely complicit, in the "wait in line in the parking lot" experience.
Sponsored