• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Appointment just "gets you in line?" Is this a Ford thing?

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Dealers, especially the service depts run on their own schedule. When I have an appointment, it goes in and gets looked at same day.

If it's busy or running behind then there might be a wait. However, my dealer has enough experience to not get a big backlog.
Sponsored

No Oil HaHa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The dealer I’m using(small town, pop: 6,500) is taking care of the above mentioned CSP at the same time as the 30k service. I’ll drop it off at 7:30am and they said they will perform the update while they are servicing the truck. Should be a couple of hours.

The dealership where we bought my wife’s last car and I use their quick lane for my ICE truck follows the “appointment just gets you in the door” nonsense.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
My Lightning sat unmoved in the dealership parking lot for 5 weeks for replacement of 2 HV battery modules one year ago. @Ford Motor Company made the "arrangements" for me at the dealership. Ford was definitely knowledgeable, and likely complicit, in the "wait in line in the parking lot" experience.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
So, I got the letter about CSP 24B56 the other day and called to schedule the update/service. I was glad that the beeping annoyance would hopefully soon be over. My local dealer said they could pick up the truck, service it, and return it to me. They said it shouldn't take too long. Sweet, I thought....

Well, they picked it up at the crack of dawn Monday. I didn't hear anything all day, so I checked in this morning. I was told that it's sitting in back and has a couple other trucks in front of it before they even look at it. I asked what the point of an appointment is, and they said it gets the truck to them and "gets you in line," which then means it will sit for 2-3 days. Like, they won't put you "in line" until the truck is sitting on their lot. I called another dealer in the area and was told this was also their practice.

Is this a Ford thing? I've never dealt with something that seems so silly before from other vehicle brands I've owned. Heck, my GMC had a bunch of major warranty repairs done, and regardless of the dealership, when I set up an appointment and dropped the vehicle off, it was on the lift within an hour at most. What's the point of scheduling anything ahead of time? Why deprive people of their vehicle (without offering a substitute) for a week when nothing is being done?
I am in DFW also, which dealer? Or if you’re not comfortable with that what area of the metroplex I am taking mine in on October 8 due to needing a loaner that was the soonest they would have one available. If I didn’t need a loaner, they would’ve gotten me in much sooner.

OP
OP

spdski

First Name
Miko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT 311A
I am in DFW also, which dealer? Or if you’re not comfortable with that what area of the metroplex I am taking mine in on October 8 due to needing a loaner that was the soonest they would have one available. If I didn’t need a loaner, they would’ve gotten me in much sooner.
Waxahachie. My whining may have helped. It went from maybe Thursday to maybe today… when I look on my Ford Pass, I see it’s actually in the garage now, not the back lot.

I called Ennis and they also confirmed they follow the appointment = in line practice.

I previously asked for recommendations on here, all the positive experiences were on the north side of the Metroplex. I think a couple of people liked Utter… it’s just too far for me.

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Waxahachie. I called Ennis and they also confirmed they follow the appointment = in line practice.

I previously asked for recommendations on here, all the positive experiences were on the north side of the Metroplex.
I live up north and I’ve had positive experiences so far with Five star Ford of Dallas that would be a hour-ish drive for you though! they did the BMS CSP by Mobile service but said I had to bring it in for this one.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I've noticed, too, that my local dealer's SCHEDULE SERVICE website tool offers several differing options to choose from:

Ford F-150 Lightning Appointment just "gets you in line?"  Is this a Ford thing? Screenshot 2024-09-24 2.52.32 PM

I would think any 'drop off' will, unfortunately, not be put in any urgent schedule and simply waiting behind all others already there... 'Waiters', though, might get preferential urgency.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Maybe it would be good idea to allow service-only Ford locations. They could have more locations and more capacity for service without the costs and unnecessary competition of having a sales department. I've seen a standalone Quicklane (sorta, it was a block away from a dealer but on its own separate property). Where I live there are 7 Ford dealers within a 30 minute drive. You don't need that many for sales.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I think this is a dealership-in-general thing. From BMW to...whatever.
I will say, the mobile service from Ford has been great.
Also, my dealer will grab my truck from the airport when I'm gone X days and take care of stuff.
Sponsored