• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best adapter for Tesla super charger

OP
OP

HWT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I will find out tomorrow when I speak with the folks at A2Z. Stay tuned.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I will find out tomorrow when I speak with the folks at A2Z. Stay tuned.
What is the model of the adapter you ordered?

It needs to be Typhoon.

OP
OP

HWT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
It is a Typhoon. I put that in the first comment of this thread.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It is a Typhoon. I put that in the first comment of this thread.
Just verifying.

So you have the right adapter. Slide lock to OPEN. Take Tesla hose and firmly slide adapter on to it. Slide lock to closed position. Activate charger in Tesla app, then plug in.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
The @A2ZEV folks are very active when it comes to assisting their customers and I’m sure they will reach out to you. In the meantime, I think trying a different charger or charge location should be your next step in troubleshooting this issue.

Just my 2cents worth.

Good luck.

BriRi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Lectron adapter (post recall) works great. I prefer it's latching mechanism for ease of use to the A2Z. I have both adapters.

OP
OP

HWT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I was on the phone with the A2Z folks yesterday as they were walking me through the charging steps while at the charger. It was determined the adapter was faulty as it would not click into place. They sent a replacement overnight, so I will retry tonight.

OP
OP

HWT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
They also stated the the CAUTION statement in the directions regarding the adapter being only for Teslas was a typo.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I was on the phone with the A2Z folks yesterday as they were walking me through the charging steps while at the charger. It was determined the adapter was faulty as it would not click into place. They sent a replacement overnight, so I will retry tonight.
Great news! While it seems they have an issue here or there, their customer service seems 2nd to none. Hope you have better luck with the replacement!

Sponsored

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Thanks for posting an update and sharing your experience.

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
first use with new Lectron adapter - the news is not too good.
I just received my Vortex plug supercharger to CCS1 adapter. On its first use, we were successfully able to charge the vehicle. However, after charging, we were virtually unable to unlock the charging cable by pressing the NACS UNLOCK BUTTON. FINALLY, ONLY BY USING A CROWBAR, WERE WE ABLE TO DISCONNECT THE LINE.

I KNOW THAT PREVIOUSLY They WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE UNLOCK BUTTON, NOT HOLDING, BUT NOW IT APPEARS THAT IT IS HOLDING TOO FIRMLY I’M NOT SURE IF THIS IS ONLY A PROBLEM WITH MY UNIT, BUT IT DOES MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO USE THE DEVICE.

We were almost ready to simply leave the adapter connected to the charger when someone with a crowbar came to help us. we placed the unit on a towel and pushed the release latch with the crowbar, which finally finally allowed us to remove the adapter from the charging cable. When I got home, I could see some etching on the the relase latch and could only get it to fully retract using some heavy pliers. Clearly the spring is just too strong in this unit

Contacted Lectron, but so far only got a routine response advising proper usage technique

Ford F-150 Lightning Best adapter for Tesla super charger IMG_8824

Ford F-150 Lightning Best adapter for Tesla super charger IMG_8821

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Received reply from Lectron with return shipping label. Will return it in the AM hoping for a quick replacement. Other than the latch release, it is sturdy and seems to work well. Keeping my fingers crossed after waiting so long.

Ford F-150 Lightning Best adapter for Tesla super charger IMG_8826

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
3 months in using A2Z and loving it more now than before.

After a first couple of times placing it on the ground and press fitting the NACS plug until a slight click was felt - now after 30+ charge, don't need to do that - slips on easily.

Definitely takes time to wear / break in!

Thanks @A2ZEV
Sponsored