• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best adapter for Tesla super charger

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Received reply from Lectron with return shipping label. Will return it in the AM hoping for a quick replacement. Other than the latch release, it is sturdy and seems to work well. Keeping my fingers crossed after waiting so long.

IMG_8826.jpeg
Tom on State of Charge just did a video on this very issue. He is a Lectron fan, but was disappointed to see the fix for a failed connection ended up being an adator connection that will not release. At least one was found still attached and left behind.

Here’s a link to his YouTube site, if you’re interested in what he has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=state+of+charge
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yikes! Says a lot about A2ZEV that they are less expensive and haven't had these kinds of issues. They also sent replacements before getting the old one back. With their Destination adapter package at $252, they're a winning combo.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm waiting for the free adaptor from Ford, but after reading all this I'm likely going to order the A2Z destination one. The gold star for customer service everyone keeps taking about is huge in my book.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm waiting for the free adaptor from Ford, but after reading all this I'm likely going to order the A2Z destination one. The gold star for customer service everyone keeps taking about is huge in my book.
The Stellar plug is $111, less 10% with this link, $99.90 total.

However, let me lay out some math for you.

If you buy both at the same time, it's $252 with this link, use dropdown menu. So only $152.10 for the Typhoon adapter.

On Ebay right now, the Typhoon has sold for $300 - $700... An easy $125 or more (including Ebay and PayPal fees) when you get the Ford adapter.

Up to you.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
The Stellar plug is $111, less 10% with this link, $99.90 total.

However, let me lay out some math for you.

If you buy both at the same time, it's $252 with this link, use dropdown menu. So only $152.10 for the Typhoon adapter.

On Ebay right now, the Typhoon has sold for $300 - $700... An easy $125 or more (including Ebay and PayPal fees) when you get the Ford adapter.

Up to you.
Sold! Thanks for pointing that out.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No problem.

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Still no replacement sent for my defective Lectron adapter in spite of their indication that a new one would be sent out. Quite disappointing. I was hoping Lectron would step up to the plate. Now regretting I didn't go with A2Z

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ongoing saga with Lectron, They are balking at a refund. My latest response to them:

"Once again, I checked the tracking and the unit has not been shipped. Please cancel the return and refund my purchase price. This has gone on far too long and your promise of immediate replacement has not been fulfilled, If you have a working replacement available and will ship it overnight FedEx, I will accept that. Otherwise unless you refund my purchase price, I will dispute the charge on my credit card. I believe I have been more than reasonable. It appears you are having significant problems with this product."

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I have the Lectron and the A2Z (two EVs). I have only used the Lectron so far and it has been flawless. I am traveling and just used it in a rental lightning in Texas tonight. I believe it is the most recent version. I follow the connect/disconnect instructions in their manual.

I look forward to trying the A2Z. I have been waiting for the Ford gift adapters forever.
Sponsored