• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue Oval Charge Network - Free 250 KWH Question

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
Hello! I took delivery of my 23 Lariat on April 27 of this year. When I took delivery, I received the free 250 KWH. I only used a few of them. I know that this program no longer exists. I can't see how many free KWH I have left. I called tech support and was told that the program no longer exists (which I knew) and I can no longer use the rest of my free KWH. Can someone confirm if this is true? It seems crappy that they would end a program and then cancel the rest of the KWH that are owed?
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I had the same question a few months ago. I' was about to call customer service when I found it. I'm racking my brain to remember how. I've since gone through all my credits. I'll look at it tomorrow and see if I can find something.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I think the program was discontinued May 1. Vehicles sold after that no longer got the 250 kWh. But I charged on May 11 at an EA and did not get billed. I got an email stating that my balance was reduced by X kWh. It would be really poor customer relations to wipe out everybody’s balance.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Yes you still have the credits. I think there is a time limit before they expire though.

I bought my truck 5/17 and got the credits. I think 6/1 was the end.

The only way I know of to see your balance is to go charge. The email receipt will say.

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
OK Thanks! Sounds good. I will charge one day soon to see how much my balance is. Does anyone know when they do actually expire and when?

Sponsored

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I used all of my credits already, but the location for the Blue Oval Network information moved on the app update so that might be why you cannot find it. Try clicking on the silhouette icon (head and shoulder icon) on the top right of your FordPass phone app. Then click connected services and then on Blue Oval Network. That brings up the page where the balance of my credits used to be.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
OK Thanks! Sounds good. I will charge one day soon to see how much my balance is. Does anyone know when they do actually expire and when?
I think it’s suppose to expire 3 years after you take delivery of the car.

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
I did check the Blue Oval Charging Network portion of the app. The remaining balance cannot be seen. I wish there was a way to find out when they actually expire. The three years does seem to make sense. I thought of one more question. Does anyone know if the credits apply to the Tesla network or just Electrify America?

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I did check the Blue Oval Charging Network portion of the app. The remaining balance cannot be seen. I wish there was a way to find out when they actually expire. The three years does seem to make sense. I thought of one more question. Does anyone know if the credits apply to the Tesla network or just Electrify America?
Electrify America only

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
Sounds good. Thanks guys! I will try an Electrify America station soon just to see what my balance is. Would love to confirm when they expire. I really do not need to use them. I planned on saving the free ones for when I actually go on a trip. Thanks again.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I have my original 250kWh for my lightning and 250 from a Volvo XC40 from September 2021. Now all I need is an EA station nearby. Maybe I'll use them when we meet up with family later this summer. And 3 years is what I remember about their expiration.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Sounds good. Thanks guys! I will try an Electrify America station soon just to see what my balance is. Would love to confirm when they expire. I really do not need to use them. I planned on saving the free ones for when I actually go on a trip. Thanks again.
I can confirm they expire in 3 years.

OP
OP

AntJohn73

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
I went to an Electrify America yesterday just to experiment and get a small boost. You guys were right. I received the email after the charge. I have 204KWH left. Thanks again!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
compare that to 1,000kwh my wife gets FREE with her KIA EV9

that's going to take a while : )
Sponsored