• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Took my Lighting to a V3 charger nearby and measured. Cable was about 3ft short. Not sure how they expect us to use this. Blocking other chargers will not work. So we really won’t have access.

This is truly ridiculous. Tesla is not going to retro install thousands of longer cables. God is there no one with two brain cells working on this?
Thus why I mention it.

The Tesla Magic Dock I used was only about 1 foot short. But I had my grill right up against the bollard.

• Sad
Reactions: cal

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Thus why I mention it.

The Tesla Magic Dock I used was only about 1 foot short. But I had my grill right up against the bollard.
They have removed the bollards in magic dock locations for that reason. They have also had to remove bollards in non magic dock locations to accommodate Cybertrucks.

Sponsored

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
If you leave the net energy metering plan and go to one of the TOU or EV plans what happens to the peaks and valleys of the solar you generate? The nice thing about the Net energy plan is month to month it can vary but it trues up after 12 months.
This 100%. It's a requirement for the deal. Tesla will only support payment through the app for Magic Dock.
All of the adapters will be for SuperChargers only, or Destination Chargers only.

Then you're using Plug and Charge wrong. Plug in. DONE. No buttons to push.

Magic Dock is not a testing apparatus for Tesla, it's the 3,500 SuperCharger rollout promised by end of 2024 to the administration.
Took my Lighting to a V3 charger nearby and measured. Cable was about 3ft short. Not sure how they expect us to use this. Blocking other chargers will not work. So we really won’t have access.

This is truly ridiculous. Tesla is not going to retro install thousands of longer cables. God is there no one with two brain cells working on this?

I hooked up to a v3 just fine. Also, A2Z EV has an extension in progress.

Ford F-150 Lightning CEO Farley - Testing Ford NACS adapter (photo) PXL_20240227_200319508

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
Downside to this is it kills a whole potential charging spot for a Tesla.
I think it would be helpful for everyone to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good in this whole transition. There are a lot of smart people aware of all of the issues. As a Tesla owner myself for many years I have rarely been to a full Supercharger. There is usually plenty of capacity and Tesla is churning out the locations as well as NEVI funding for CCS and other companies hoping on board. By the end of '24 the charging landscape is going to be drastically different.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
How is that new Tesla roadster coming that people paid for in full about 5 years ago?
Boss Tweet would say, "2 B released w/Model2-Elmo"
Tesla is not going to retro install thousands of longer cables. God is there no one with two brain cells working on this?
They've already removed thousands of bollards to give a bit more room. I think the V4 shells with longer cables will take a lot less time than you may think. I don't think anybody wants you to have to use extension cords any more than you want to have to use one.

Last edited:

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Somebody in another thread insisted it was “simple math“ that we wouldn’t get free adapters. Turns out that random internet yahoos like us aren’t running car companies.

And it’s pretty clear the people who are have more than two brain cells.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Status
Not open for further replies.