• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Port Lights

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Someone on Facebook reported that their charge port lights were not coming on. I remembered that there was a setting to turn them off that is referenced in the manual but he couldn’t find it on his Pro and I can’t find it on my Lariat. Did this setting get removed in a SW update or are we missing something?

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Port Lights IMG_0414
Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Ford had no business removing this option, this was a great feature that they took away from us owners after buying the trucks.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
We rented a really nice cabin in the woods. I ran a 110v cord to my truck and was charging overnight. I put a rag around the charge port to cover up the light. I would have rather not let people see the light as they drove down the road. That would have been a nice feature to enable.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I carry electrical tape to cover up my charging port light when I go to the mountains or our farm at the coast. Young bears act like teenagers. They see something shiny at night and they want to investigate. Then they tear it up for no reason. It took several boat seat cushions to figure out the led lights on the onboard boat charger were very bright at night. Once we covered them up the problem stopped.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
We have a spider and bugs problem at night where our lake cabin is basically in the middle of the woods. It’s surprising how many bugs are attracted to even these small lights. Initially I had it turned off on my previous lighting only to find out on my second lightning that Ford stupidly took that option away from us. Really Ford?

TacomaWAJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Accountant
I charged outside in a questionable area early on in ownership. I didn't want the pulsing blue light to draw extra attention to the new truck, so I went into the menu and disabled the charge indicator lights. About a month later, I was charging at home and noticed the lights not on and remembered I turned them off. I hopped into the truck to enable the charge lights, but the settings menu with the charge lights on/off toggle switch was gone. Turns out a Powerup removed the feature. The only way the dealership found to enable the charge light was to re-install the software that put it back onto the settings menu. The truck has received a couple Powerups since, and the charge light on/off toggle switch is still in the settings menu. Maybe if you let your dealership know these concerns, they will put it back onto your trucks?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The only way the dealership found to enable the charge light was to re-install the software that put it back onto the settings menu.
Wonder if it's a setting that could be modified with FORScan. Did they mention which module they reverted?

TacomaWAJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Accountant
Wonder if it's a setting that could be modified with FORScan. Did they mention which module they reverted?
I'm sorry. They didn't share the technical details. Just that they were finally able to get the lights working again. I noticed on my own later that the menu screen was back.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
I have mine. Just turned it on a couple of days ago.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Might be worth people reporting if they have the menu option and what version they are on. We might be able to track down when it was removed. I'm still pre 6.1, will check when I break for lunch.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
The setting is missing on my truck. '22 Lariat ER, all updates through radio preset fix, no 6.1 or later updates.
Sponsored