• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Right, but that's what I also see as a functioning FP user w/o the HIS equipment, so curious if you will be successful or not.

1721095866657-rs.png
1721095877718-ym.png
Oh so those screens are from within FordPass?
I have this one from the FCSP setup app "STATION SETTINGS" screen:
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue IMG_5639-connect to FordPass 1.JPG

Which leads to the missing equipment screen.
Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I remember the days when software had flow charts to use for navigation...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Oh so those screens are from within FordPass?
I have this one from the FCSP setup app "STATION SETTINGS" screen:
IMG_5639-connect to FordPass 1.JPG

Which leads to the missing equipment screen.
see my updates to prior POST your tooooooo quick for me requisite post amendments

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FCSP has WiFi connectivity only.
I know, wish is had a wired/plug-in RJ45 connection to my network, much of the initial problems seemed to be not broadcasting and/or not detecting the wifi from the FCSP.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
see my updates to prior POST your tooooooo quick for me requisite post amendments
Sorry, see them now.
Yeah, it seems like there are two paths to FCSP settings menu and to the home backup menu as well, but, yeah will they both lead to a screen to control the backup...have to check some you tube videos I have about the home backup...the truck screen might provide another path.

Maybe all paths lead to home?

Sponsored

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Ext. range
Occupation
County Health Director
If you haven’t yet, download Ford Pass and Ford Charge Station Pro set up apps. Start and set up Ford Pass. Run FCS set up. Tie into the same wifi networks for your phone and FCS. With phone beside FCS identify strongest signal. Consider a wifi extender if signal is very weak.

Good luck and keep trying.
This is what I had to do. The app is worthless after to connect it to FordPass

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I know, wish is had a wired/plug-in RJ45 connection to my network, much of the initial problems seemed to be not broadcasting and/or not detecting the wifi from the FCSP.
Mine never once broadcasted the SSID. I had to key it in manually in order to set it up.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine never once broadcasted the SSID. I had to key it in manually in order to set it up.
Mine eventually did after I opened it and pressed the red RESET button on the top left side of the circuit board.
It must just broadcast it intermittently, after the rest it took a while (a long while, multiple minutes) before it showed up on my tablet's detected networks.
It has been a real pain in the butt to get to the last step, I would make progress and then have to start over.

BTW, according to some YouTube videos, SunRun says the Lightning has to establish a Bluetooth connection with the FCSP to activate the Home Integration System.
So the FCSP uses both wifi and Bluetooth.

That spells trouble because of the buggy BlueTooth on the Lightning that many posters have experienced - I gave up using it for audio because of all the drops outs, more than one a minute, while paying music with my iPod and a portable XM tuner.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine eventually did after I opened it and pressed the red RESET button on the top left side of the circuit board.
It must just broadcast it intermittently, after the rest it took a while (a long while, multiple minutes) before it showed up on my tablet's detected networks.
It has been a real pain in the butt to get to the last step, I would make progress and then have to start over.

BTW, according to some YouTube videos, SunRun says the Lightning has to establish a Bluetooth connection with the FCSP to activate the Home Integration System.
So the FCSP uses both wifi and Bluetooth.

That spells trouble because of the buggy BlueTooth on the Lightning that many posters have experienced - I gave up using it for audio because of all the drops outs, more than one a minute, while paying music with my iPod and a portable XM tuner.

That’s true for home backup…..
I had forgotten about that since I don’t use it. BT is not required for other features that require connectivity.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s true for home backup…..
I had forgotten about that since I don’t use it. BT is not required for other features that require connectivity.
My experience with the Ford Lightning BT has been less than satisfactory for playing music from an iPod or a Zune mp3 player - multiple drop-outs per minute. No good for listening to music.

Seems like there was a fix from Ford that may have solved the BT communication issue for the HIS.
It does make the HIS less attractive an option for the money, unless I tie it to a solar installation.

A manual, 240V/30A transfer switch from the truck propower outlet would be a heck of a lot cheaper anyway.
Sponsored