Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I don't have a critical load panel, it's going straight to the main panel done by a license electrician. He double checked the wiring yesterday from the Delta diagram. I will be showing this thread to my electrician.
What you are describing is perfectly valid. It may be that you are not testing it properly. In your case the whole home backup would be between your main service wires and your panelboard.

Are you shutting off the main breaker in your panelboard? In your particular setup, this would be wrong and the reason why it doesn't work.

Did they add a different main breaker or disconnect before the WHB where the utility comes in? That is likely what you need to shut off to test.
Maybe take a picture of your installation?
Sponsored

darknla

First Name
gerar6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L XLT SR
What you are describing is perfectly valid. It may be that you are not testing it properly. In your case the whole home backup would be between your main service wires and your panelboard.

Are you shutting off the main breaker in your panelboard? In your particular setup, this would be wrong and the reason why it doesn't work.

Did they add a different main breaker or disconnect before the WHB where the utility comes in? That is likely what you need to shut off to test.
Maybe take a picture of your installation?
Thanks for your help and insight, I really appreciate it. I will talk to the electrician tomorrow see what he thinks. He did mention that he didn't think shutting of the Main Breaker would be a good test. I told him that's how most people were doing it online.

Ford F-150 Lightning Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System IMG_20241016_212205182

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
What a fiasco, Ford... I have 2 of these trucks and want this sooooo badly for backup but I'm also not a gambler, especially a $10k+ ante bet.

Really wish they had gotten this right, and hope they will at least open up the software capabilities for third party 2-way charging in the future.

Ford, if you're listening: if you offered a money back guarantee this would work, I'd order it today... but not rolling the dice with 5 figure sums on this sort of success rate :(

Cheers
Zap

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for your help and insight, I really appreciate it. I will talk to the electrician tomorrow see what he thinks. He did mention that he didn't think shutting of the Main Breaker would be a good test. I told him that's how most people were doing it online.

IMG_20241016_212205182.jpg
The power goes from 1 ->4 in that order if it is wired correctly. I assume that you should be shutting it off where the yellow circle is.
To test the system you have to be able to disconnect it between 1 and 2. It sounds like wherever you are testing it now is somewhere between 2 and 3, which will not work.

Ford F-150 Lightning Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System IMG_20241016_212205182

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What a fiasco, Ford... I have 2 of these trucks and want this sooooo badly for backup but I'm also not a gambler, especially a $10k+ ante bet.

Really wish they had gotten this right, and hope they will at least open up the software capabilities for third party 2-way charging in the future.

Ford, if you're listening: if you offered a money back guarantee this would work, I'd order it today... but not rolling the dice with 5 figure sums on this sort of success rate :(

Cheers
Zap
Assuming your truck is at 6.14 and you can park fairly close to the FCSP (bluetooth range), the system is working reliably now.
The HIS hardware is actually really good and has a lot of the capabilities of other systems like sol-ark, EG4, etc (although max power might be lower than those depending on model).
I have the home battery which should be up and running by this weekend, so I don't have to even rely on the truck. It will just augment.

To be honest the issue is that the system is going to be hard to purchase just when it is ready for primetime.

I agree with you in that I hope that 3rd party options will work, but that may not happen with the existing model years. Ideally the communication will go through the charge cable like it is supposed to. I believe that is how the Silverado works, but not certain.
Sponsored