Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System

darknla

First Name
gerar6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L XLT SR
I see your problem clearly. You are missing the neutral wire on the load side of your WHB box. There are 2 lug connections for a reason. You need to run a neutral from the load side of the WHB to your panel board. This is exactly what I suspected was the issue. The neutral is formed by the WHB for your main panel to use, and it is completely missing.
I added in a white line below to show you where it should be here. The other end would be at your panel board connections neutral input.

IMG_20241019_081953175_HDR.jpg
So I need another neutral wire? I already have 1 going to the WHB, the one with white tape. I circled the neutral wire in the pictures.

Ford F-150 Lightning Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System IMG_20241019_081950756_HDR~2

Ford F-150 Lightning Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System IMG_20241018_120237159~2
Sponsored

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
@tearitupsports, now that your HIS unit works great for you, how does the online Ford energy app work? I think you had trouble connecting before. It's still a work in progress as many would-be features have a pop-up that says that particular feature is not implemented yet. I am referring to energy.ford.com.

Interestingly, if I visit it now with my truck plugged in but no outage, I see a big START CHARGING button in the lower right. I haven't tried it yet to see if it starts my truck charging. I wonder if that START CHARGING button works, whether it's for everyday use or intended to recharge the truck during an outage that's an off and on and off again sort of outage.
1729373882164-h5.jpg

I've listed the various ECG updates I've received in addition to 6.14 in the following post: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...nt-backup-power-is-up-ahead.18856/post-429528. Maybe if your system is not working at all, it's because you still haven't received one of those updates? Mine has worked 11/11 tries since 10/2/24, with 6/11 requiring the unlock method and 5/11 working unassisted.
Nada. Just this.

Ford F-150 Lightning Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System 1729384845305-zu

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I need another neutral wire? I already have 1 going to the WHB, the one with white tape. I circled the neutral wire in the pictures.

IMG_20241019_081950756_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20241018_120237159~2.jpg
You should have 1 neutral coming from the grid, and a another neutral leading to the panel board.

Sponsored

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info, I will let the electrician know and hope that solves the issue. I really appreciate your help.
Again you have a wierd setup and I could be wrong. That being said the symptoms you are seeing were the same as mine when I have the breaker off between the whb and panelboard. Might just double check that the phases are correct as well. I wouldn’t think it should matter much but I don’t know everything the WHB is doing/checking.

darknla

First Name
gerar6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L XLT SR
Again you have a wierd setup and I could be wrong. That being said the symptoms you are seeing were the same as mine when I have the breaker off between the whb and panelboard. Might just double check that the phases are correct as well. I wouldn’t think it should matter much but I don’t know everything the WHB is doing/checking.
this is what my electrician said when I text him,
"I don't think that's it. The neutral doesn't switch. It's just present. That wire goes into the block and does go to the panel board"

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
this is what my electrician said when I text him,
"I don't think that's it. The neutral doesn't switch. It's just present. That wire goes into the block and does go to the panel board"
Sorry to butt in here, but I'm trying to learn something from the discussion. Does your electrician have a wiring diagram for your system? That might help you if someday he's no longer available to troubleshoot it. I'm pretty ignorant about electronics, but in the wiring diagram @tearitupsports furnished as an example earlier in the thread: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...uit-home-integration-system.21562/post-429299, there seem to be two separate neutrals. A wiring diagram would help us folks in the bleachers here understand how your system is wired. In my ignorance, I'm assuming your system hooks in between the meter and the main panel, and the cutoff during an outage is between where it hooks in and the meter. If there does turn out to be a wiring error, the original wire diagram vs. the fixed-up one would be an informative lesson to anyone else who comes along and wants to emulate what you're trying to do.
Sponsored