• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Coincidence for Audio Refined and Phone as a Key stopped?

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
This week I got the Audio Refined update which is nice and all, but the same night my phone as a key stopped working. I have tried several times to reset the PAAK and re-pair it with the truck which is says is successful. But I can't walk up and unlock the door or start the truck with my phone now. I tried to set the backup start code but it says Reset Failed, I don't have a PAAK near. My Waze and Spotify play fine and I can unlock or lock and start the climate from my office. This is frustrating since I was able to not carry a key (have found out the hard way that you should have a key with you in case; other threads on this). It is probably not a coincidence, but it is something that happened the same night the install took place.

I am on an Android. Removed and reloaded the Ford Pass App. Have disconnected the phone from the phone list and reinstalled; it paired fine. Reset the PAAK several times and reset the key. It says in the Ford Pass App that the phone is an active key.

Any other ideas or solutions?

Ford F-150 Lightning Coincidence for Audio Refined and Phone as a Key stopped? Screenshot_20240803_084129_FordPass
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Have any of the communications & data sharing consents changed on the Sync screen?

OP
OP

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I fixed it. Uninstalled the Ford Pass App again. Reinstalled again and started the connection again. I ended up with 2 active phones connected and the second one with a 2 at the end works and let me set a backup code. I deleted the first one. Don't know why it did this in the first place, and at the same time I got the OTA for the Refined Audio. The Lightning works great, until it doesn't.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
So for the cost of losing your privacy you get the benefit of being frustrated with the product?

Sponsored

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
I have issues that are also app or update related.

Sometimes when I put it into reverse, the rear view camera doesn't come up. Just the ford lightning Screensaver. Even when I push the reverse camera, it's still just the Screensaver.

Other issues with the radio stations where it will change sources on its own and then I have to manually swap back.

Rick

OP
OP

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I have issues that are also app or update related.

Sometimes when I put it into reverse, the rear view camera doesn't come up. Just the ford lightning Screensaver. Even when I push the reverse camera, it's still just the Screensaver.

Other issues with the radio stations where it will change sources on its own and then I have to manually swap back.

Rick
I have issues with Android Auto disconnecting and I have to go to the phone list and reconnect it. Not difficult but an anoiance. Maybe it always did it and I didn't think about it but now it happens 1-2 times on my drive to work.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I got the AUD Priority Update on a 2023 Lightning ER, and it didn't break anything about my truck, AFAIK. PAAK still works fine for me. I decided to give iOS 18 Beta a fling last night. I signed up for an Apple Developer account to get the latest and the greatest, ignorantly hoping to get iOS 18.1 Beta (with the Siri improvements - Oops! Have to own an iPhone 15 for that). AFAICT, FordPass works fine with the iOS 18 Beta 4 (developer version). I have no problem loading the Energy tab in FordPass, and PAAK still works fine with iOS 18 Beta 4.
Sponsored

Last edited: