• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update

tomthetenacious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Hi @bg226

Could you try resetting your bluetooth cache? See instructions here:

https://manager-support.golittlebir...to-clear-your-android-phone-s-bluetooth-cache

And just a word of warning, this will remove all your previously paired devices. It is not convenient, but you may be experiencing a known defect in Android's OS and this may resolve your issue

Please, try that and restart your phone and then attempt setup again. Let me know if this fixes your issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
I was really starting to trust the PAAK, now after a few glitches I find myself reaching for my key fob and turning off PAAK. To bad it was really good for a few months, definitely not worth getting stranded.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I was really starting to trust the PAAK, now after a few glitches I find myself reaching for my key fob and turning off PAAK. To bad it was really good for a few months, definitely not worth getting stranded.
If you know the keyless entry code on your door, you can enter your truck. Without fob or phone, you can always punch in your passcode to drive the truck without fob OR phone. If your LVB is too low to start the truck and the doors are locked, you're screwed anyway, without the fob (or a key stashed under the truck somewhere). So the only way you'd be stranded, is with a dead battery and no key to manually unlock the doors.

Sponsored

MN Lightning

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 23
If you know the keyless entry code on your door, you can enter your truck. Without fob or phone, you can always punch in your passcode to drive the truck without fob OR phone. If your LVB is too low to start the truck and the doors are locked, you're screwed anyway, without the fob (or a key stashed under the truck somewhere). So the only way you'd be stranded, is with a dead battery and no key to manually unlock the doors.
Is there a way to have a passcode if you can't connect PAAK?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Absolutely. I run out to the truck all of the time to grab something that I may have left in there and I forget that I don't have my phone. I just punch in my door code to unlock the doors, and if I want to go somewhere, I just hit the start button, it will say No Key Detected, seconds later, the screen gives you the option to enter your passcode to start the truck. I've done it dozens of times to shoot to the store or over a friend's house. You don't need phone, or fob. :cool:

Last edited:

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
When you setup the PAAK you will be prompted to enter a door code of your choosing and a start passcode of your choosing. You should also have a factory door code card that came with your manual. My problem is that I don't use the codes very often and forget what they are.

MN Lightning

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 23
When you setup the PAAK you will be prompted to enter a door code of your choosing and a start passcode of your choosing. You should also have a factory door code card that came with your manual. My problem is that I don't use the codes very often and forget what they are.
Right so if you can't setup PAAK you can can't setup a passcode so back to square one.

Technewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Lariat
Finally resolved!! I got a call from @Ford Motor Company today and they suggested I clear the cache from the Bluetooth app as mentioned in that thread linked above, but my Galaxy Fold5 didn't have the option to clear cache or data, both buttons were disabled. He then told me to follow this link to Reset Network Settings https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...my-cache-in-my-Bluetooth-storage/td-p/2540119. You lose all WIFI and BT pairings, but ultimately it worked to connect with PAAK!
I got an email from Ford today asking me to complete the same Bluetooth reset and I was able to get PaaK setup again on my phone! I still think I am going to get an RFID pouch to keep around in case of issues and forgetting my backup password.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ford reached out to me via email today and said that the i

I got an email from Ford today asking me to complete the same Bluetooth reset and I was able to get PaaK setup again on my phone! I still think I am going to get an RFID pouch to keep around in case of issues and forgetting my backup password.
I did just that!

MN Lightning

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 23
Resetting my bluetooth and networks worked for me. Kind of a pain because you then have to reconnect to all your usual bluetooth connections, including my samsung watch which took a bit. But now I again have a passcode and access to the enhance bluetooth options with FordPass.
Sponsored