• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yeah I could have still gotten in with the app, just wouldn't have been and to start it without that backup code.
PAAK has been mostly flawless for me. But because it's not, you should really keep one of the two keyfobs hidden in your truck. Either take the battery out or use a Faraday bag.

Plus if you need a tow or have to drive straight to a dealer, you have a fob you can give the repair shop.
Sponsored

Watt2Go

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX30, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired IT
Crapped out on me too and didn't know my backup code. You should have heard my wife telling me how I should have my key with me ;) After being stranded at the Dollar Store for 10 minutes I logged into the app, remote started it then if seemed to detect the key eventually and we made it home. Almost had to call a neighbor to bring my FOB and now I know my backup passcode!

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Crapped out on me too and didn't know my backup code. You should have heard my wife telling me how I should have my key with me ;) After being stranded at the Dollar Store for 10 minutes I logged into the app, remote started it then if seemed to detect the key eventually and we made it home. Almost had to call a neighbor to bring my FOB and now I know my backup passcode!
Such a terrible roll out of the updated app. Probably a good idea to test out that it doesn't break PAAK before launching a new version @Ford Motor Company.

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
My PAAK stopped working about a month ago after switching app back to old version. So yesterday they forced the app to new version so I decided to reset the key and reconnect. Seemed to work fine setting up. But it doesn’t actually work. Tried twice. Still nada

I guess I may need to make an appointment

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got a call from Ford this morning to tell me they are still looking into it.

Sponsored

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I was able to get mine working again.
1. remove all keys
2. delete app from the phone
3. re install the app and log back in
4. add new key And backup password

simonmeagher

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
I came out to my truck and PAAK wasn't working to unlock my door, so I pulled out my phone to see what was going on and find the FordPass app automatically updated on my Android phone. The UI is completely new now and it wasn't connecting to my truck. Luckily I had a code set up on the door and to start to the truck otherwise I'd be stuck. Now I'm back home where I have the key trying to re-pair my phone with PAAK and it's not connecting. Not sure what to do now. I tried resetting PAAK from the console and it fails every time. I guess I'll need to carry around a key until this gets resolved.
Same here. Work for 1yr without ANY issues....now dead (or.working 1 time / 10)

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I still haven't heard back from @Ford Motor Company. I guess I'll have to give them another call tomorrow. Every time I try to set up PAAK, it fails with error codes 2, 7, and 97. Each time it gives me either of those codes in no particular order. It sure sucks having to carry around a key again.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's been a week since I last called @Ford Motor Company for support on this and they said they would call me back, but I still haven't heard back. I'll be calling them again today. This is really frustrating.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Didn't get time to call @Ford Motor Company yet, but still having the issue connecting PAAK to my truck. Here's a video of what's happening:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Didn't get time to call @Ford Motor Company yet, but still having the issue connecting PAAK to my truck. Here's a video of what's happening:
Try removing the 12v terminal on the LVB to reboot the truck.
Clear the cache and data files from the APP storage controls, force stop the app.
Make sure the one FOB you're associating to is the only FOB in the truck.
Confirm FOB basic functions, then move on to the Ford pass app logon & setup.

MN Lightning

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 23
I am experiencing the same thing and have tried all the suggested excepts resetting the whole system. I will try removing the 12v terminal for a reboot. It is odd it let me reset the PAAK but then when I try to setup I get a variety of non-connection errors, 2-97. I tried rebooting by disconnecting the 12v battery. Wiping the data and cache from my phone, uninstalling the FordPass app, forgetting the bluetooth connection for my phone. Then I installed the fordpass app, tried setting PAAK and same errors.

Last edited:

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
Noticed that my PAAK had quit working recently. Spent about a half hour tonight farting around with it and found this thread. Eventually got it working again had to delete the app and also factory reset the fordpass settings from within the truck itself. Then had to start over reinstall, rescan the VIN, etc. It took awhile for the PAAK option to even reappear on the app, but once it did it took on the second try.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Noticed that my PAAK had quit working recently. Spent about a half hour tonight farting around with it and found this thread. Eventually got it working again had to delete the app and also factory reset the fordpass settings from within the truck itself. Then had to start over reinstall, rescan the VIN, etc. It took awhile for the PAAK option to even reappear on the app, but once it did it took on the second try.
Good for you, glad you got it working. I've tried all that and still no luck connecting. Every time I reach out to @Ford Motor Company , they say they are still researching it.

MN Lightning

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 23
Good for you, glad you got it working. I've tried all that and still no luck connecting. Every time I reach out to @Ford Motor Company , they say they are still researching it.
I am in the same boat. The only thing I haven't tried is deleting my husband's account too (I already reset the PAAK for all of us) but I just don't think that is it.
Sponsored