• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
evening update. Just got another call from my service advisor. He told me that Ford will pretty much not allow them to do anything with the truck and a fix is not likely "for a while", probably June or later. He got approval for a loaner Explorer that I will be picking up tomorrow. Not ideal since I need the truck for my work / life. So kind of a shitty story overall. I like how it drives and comfort etc but I have never had a vehicle out of service for such an extended and indefinite time. As others have suggested I will definitely look into Texas Lemon law and see. At least they should have given me another Lightning. Reminder, my truck is a 2023, delivered late December of 2022 with a little over 7000 miles on it.
My truck was at the dealer for 6 weeks and they finally completed the work. From what I read in the forums, Ford made some sort of rule on May 9th, that said they would be suspending certain updates potentially until June.

I'm not sure if that means my dealer made the changes before the 9th or not, but if they did it after the 9th, there must be some wiggle room.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I'm not sure if that means my dealer made the changes before the 9th or not, but if they did it after the 9th, there must be some wiggle room.
No...they fixed your battery problem...they just didn't apply the latest powertrain updates (23B57) because that program is on hold.

This was within the intent...you'll still want to go back for the 23B57 when the fix is released...you just don't need to right now.

I'm assuming you haven't noticed anything since you got the truck back? Everything okay?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
No...they fixed your battery problem...they just didn't apply the latest powertrain updates (23B57) because that program is on hold.

This was within the intent...you'll still want to go back for the 23B57 when the fix is released...you just don't need to right now.

I'm assuming you haven't noticed anything since you got the truck back? Everything okay?
So far so good.

Here's the page that addressed the 23B57... the key is module replacement "and/or" BECM software update. I guess so far, they did the module, and the software update could still need to be done in June.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice 1715782190929-qh

I hope they can either do it OTA or in a quick visit. I get chills thinking about needing to drop it back at the dealer for that 23B57 update.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I hope they can either do it OTA or in a quick visit. I get chills thinking about needing to drop it back at the dealer for that 23B57 update.
Hopefully the OTA version will be available once the issues are resolved, and you can avoid the dealership experience!

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
my truck is a 2023, delivered late December of 2022 with a little over 7000 miles on it.
I picked up mine within a week of yours. Keeps me on my toes.

Good luck with the service/Lemon Law

they just didn't apply the latest powertrain updates (23B57) because that program is on hold.
Dealer updated mine on April 24th. I am thinking program being on hold means the update on mine has screwed up something? Do you know what was the cause of hold?

Dealer had a "D" in front of it. Anyone knows what that is all about?

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice 1715875944800-69

OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
After multiple calls and attempts to get some information from my dealer, I finally received a call from a service manager stating that they are working with Ford to determine if my truck requires a full battery replacement or a module replacement. Didn't specify or knew what module it would be but the good news is that SOMETHING is happening. No time frame on repair or availability. Will post an update when I get it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Have we ever seen a "full" battery replacement? This sounds like another uneducated dealer.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Is this program still on hold? I just noticed I have 23B57 showing up for my VIN.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
After multiple calls and attempts to get some information from my dealer, I finally received a call from a service manager stating that they are working with Ford to determine if my truck requires a full battery replacement or a module replacement. Didn't specify or knew what module it would be but the good news is that SOMETHING is happening. No time frame on repair or availability. Will post an update when I get it.
Any luck or good news yet..?

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Wasn't the OTA for 23B57 supposed to be out last year. My letter I got for the CSP stated that this was supposed to be an OTA update in the 4th quarter of last year. I had mine done at the dealer way back. Ford sure is sandbagging on these updates here lately.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT