• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yeah, if mine is inoperable to June I would also consider a buyback, then get a 2024 with the heat pump maybe.

If I get a 100% working battery that I can charge, and they clear the code, that might be enough. My Service Manager is looking into that, and they asked the Ford Hotline also.
Sponsored

CluckFam7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Extended Range, 9.6 kW PPO
Is there a way to confirm 23B57 was applied? What software rev should it be after 23B57?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is there a way to confirm 23B57 was applied? What software rev should it be after 23B57?
The only software version you can see in the vehicle is Sync.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I had a bit of a scare with mine again. Wanted to make a trip up and back to central OK to see Mom yesterday, so Sat night I charged to 100%. Wanted to let the battery do all it would do and level up after the repair.

I backed out of the garage and what did I see but 65% battery power. I stopped and restarted, it came right back. I drove a mile down the road and stopped and restarted, it came back to 100%. No more issues for the day after that. Was definitely a bit worried at first, but there was no wrench no codes. I know others have reported this and restarting usually fixed it. So onward we go.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I picked up my truck and there gave me 5 pages of paperwork, and I mentioned to them that the Ford customer portal told me there was still an outstanding recall for the windshield wiper and the 23B57 High Voltage Battery Module issue.

On the 2nd page of the paperwork they describe the major work, including "Removed high voltage battery from vehicle and removed module 6. Replaced with new module and laid down new heat shield and thermal paste. Performed hight voltage battery cell balance procedure and assembled high voltage battery. Assembled vehicle and performed cooling system fill and bleed procedure. Road tested and verified customer concern is no longer present at this time."

They said those items don't show up in the portal right away, so I guess I can confirm this in a day or so.

The last month or so were super stressful. I didn't know if I would need to file for the Lemon Law. Hopefully this is the end of that problem. It's so good to be back in my truck again.
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice IMG_2881

On another fun side note, my brother took delivery of a CyberTruck over the weekend. That reservation would've been mine if Ford didn't announce the Lightning a few months later. When he pulled up to my house while my truck was sitting at the dealer I was green with envy.

For what it's worth, it's a cool looking truck, but it lacks the decades of refinement that the F-150 has. Also, we went for lunch at a local restaurant and he was constantly looking at the crowds surrounding his truck. Regardless of who drives the CT, you will be chased around by paparazzi like a rock star.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
So after thinking about it a bit it does make sense that you can get your battery pack repaired, the BECM counter reset...but the powertrain modules just don't get updated (23B57), and the truck gets sent back to the customer until such time as the revised updates become available to apply (resumption of 23B57).

That works.

If you don't have the most recent powertrain updates, don't worry about it. I have it, and I get daily DTCs for the SOBDM and SOBDMC caused by a network communication issue, that I'm told will be resolved by a new gateway update. That's the fix that I think we're all waiting for that's supposed to be coming sometime in June.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did have 23B57's software updated in the fall, but my battery didn't get flagged then.

OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Update on my truck: Had a high voltage battery fault with a message that the truck may not run after being shut off about 10 days ago. Fast forward, truck was dropped off at deal Monday. Called them an hour ago and they said that Ford has basically said to hold off on any repair, including the laundry list of customer satisfaction programs. Was told they are still waiting on more info from Ford but that it may be June before anything will be repaired. Asked for a loaner and they were non committal. Basically only was told we are waiting on Ford and evaluating. So no truck for a while. I dont think it ever even made it into service bay. Been sitting at the same spot. If I do not get better news by Friday or a comparable loaner I will try to call Ford.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Update on my truck: Had a high voltage battery fault with a message that the truck may not run after being shut off about 10 days ago. Fast forward, truck was dropped off at deal Monday. Called them an hour ago and they said that Ford has basically said to hold off on any repair, including the laundry list of customer satisfaction programs. Was told they are still waiting on more info from Ford but that it may be June before anything will be repaired. Asked for a loaner and they were non committal. Basically only was told we are waiting on Ford and evaluating. So no truck for a while. I dont think it ever even made it into service bay. Been sitting at the same spot. If I do not get better news by Friday or a comparable loaner I will try to call Ford.
Why wait?

Also, research your states buyback / lemon law rules. Don't make their problem your problem.

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
First thing I would do is look into lemon law/buyback. My truck has the CSP 23B57. Hopefully it's fine, but if it ends up popping the error code, when I drop it off at the dealership I am going to tell them I will be looking at a buyback or lemon law filing at 30 days (day requirement for state lemon law). Either it will light a fire under them or I'll be slipping into a new truck after 30+ odd days. You're under no obligation to play nice and acquiesce to their schedule if the law is on your side.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
To know if they are working on my truck, I use the location feature of FordPass. It's pretty accurate.
I check the location all the time. It's never moved and the mileage hasn't changes, so I know they didn't road test it.
Can you share a screenshot? I am having hard time finding this on my FordPass.

p.s. The location in my Truck is on. The only thing I have off is driving data.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Can you share a screenshot? I am having hard time finding this on my FordPass.

p.s. The location in my Truck is on. The only thing I have off is driving data.
Go to the Vehicle tab. At the top between "Updated x hours ago" and the odometer reading should be the address your truck is at. Click on the address (it's a hyperlink).

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Go to the Vehicle tab. At the top between "Updated x hours ago" and the odometer reading should be the address your truck is at. Click on the address (it's a hyperlink).
Dayyymn. Ignorance is definitely not a bliss. Thank you.

OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
evening update. Just got another call from my service advisor. He told me that Ford will pretty much not allow them to do anything with the truck and a fix is not likely "for a while", probably June or later. He got approval for a loaner Explorer that I will be picking up tomorrow. Not ideal since I need the truck for my work / life. So kind of a shitty story overall. I like how it drives and comfort etc but I have never had a vehicle out of service for such an extended and indefinite time. As others have suggested I will definitely look into Texas Lemon law and see. At least they should have given me another Lightning. Reminder, my truck is a 2023, delivered late December of 2022 with a little over 7000 miles on it.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
evening update. Just got another call from my service advisor. He told me that Ford will pretty much not allow them to do anything with the truck and a fix is not likely "for a while", probably June or later. He got approval for a loaner Explorer that I will be picking up tomorrow. Not ideal since I need the truck for my work / life. So kind of a shitty story overall. I like how it drives and comfort etc but I have never had a vehicle out of service for such an extended and indefinite time. As others have suggested I will definitely look into Texas Lemon law and see. At least they should have given me another Lightning. Reminder, my truck is a 2023, delivered late December of 2022 with a little over 7000 miles on it.
You're dealer doesn't know what they are talking about.
Sponsored