• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Interesting development for me. Got this update yesterday and now the sensor issue seems to be resolved so far. I wonder if the CSP (that I had completed last week) is actually reliant on this update as well, or maybe it just reset a system that my service center should have but didn’t post update. Who knows. So far it’s looking good though…

This update is very old, hence me wondering if it, in combination with the CSP, is what resolved it.
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24B56 - Inoperative Front Parking Sensor(s) - IPMA Software Update for Certain 2022-24 F-150 Lightning Trucks IMG_0389
Sponsored

dovetaildan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Yeah its a 22. Went back to the dealership and requested just this ^^. As far as I know they ran it but it is still the small camera. Thus my question, has anyone with a small camera been able to have it fixed yet.
Update. 3rd visit got everything fixed. 360 cam is back to normal view. Might be good for anyone else starting this journey to print out the PDFs in the original post in this thread and take them to the dealership. If you have a 2022 highlight that part of the configuration maybe.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
I tried to get this CSP done today but the dealer said I had no update available for my IPMA or PSCM. I updated those a couple months back with FDRS so I’m wondering if that update I did myself was the same one for this CSP.

My dealer cleared this CSP from my VIN and also applied 24P24 for the frunk while
I was in.

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
My dealership tried to fix the following recall:
Description
Inoperative front parking sensors - software update image processing module a
Campaign#
24B56”

Had it there to get my tires rotated. Somehow broke a module, now has to order a new one or something- truck was there all day and they literally had no answers on when I can expect it to be fixed

Also had no loaner for me so now my wife and I are down to a single car, with a bday party for my daughter this weekend

Hoping good news tomorrow but the utter cluelessness of the people I had on the phone did not inspire confidence. In terms of their knowledge of the product without a doubt the had no idea how to explain what was wrong

The worst part was that i was just trying to do due diligence. My truck was running fine and now due to their actions it’s disabled in their parking lot

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I tried to get this CSP done today but the dealer said I had no update available for my IPMA or PSCM. I updated those a couple months back with FDRS so I’m wondering if that update I did myself was the same one for this CSP.

My dealer cleared this CSP from my VIN and also applied 24P24 for the frunk while
I was in.
Yes the CSP is basically the IPMA update!
I did mine a month or two ago as well, but it still shows up in the FordPass app
I am going to the dealer in two weeks to get it cleared.

Sponsored

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
I happened to have my truck in today for something else and this popped up a day or two ago on my app. I had them apply this software update. It took multiple hours, killed the original 12V battery, the dealership replaced the 12v under warranty, drained the new 12v, recharged the new 12v and kept it on a battery tender to get the update complete. Just passing along my experience. I had not had any issues related to this prior that I was aware of. My 12V was less than 2 years old.
I think it killed my 12v battery too! I just had the update done on Monday and all day today, after every drive, I get the shutting off to save power message and I can’t use my FordPass app. I’ll give it a few days of driving before I bring it back to the dealer.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE

I was in.
It was the very same.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Received the letter today and found the thread. Really dumb FordPass can't link the campaigns to the owner letters to give us owners any semblance of what it's about. Offers about as much info as the software updates.

That being said, I've only had the front sensor issue pop up a handful of times and I usually just attributed it to rain or debris covering the sensors. Sucks it requires FDRS and can't just be done OTA. Think I'm going to hold off until I can justify actually bringing the vehicle in, frankly can't deal with the pain of going to a dealership right now. Last time the BMS CSP took them 6 hours on 0.5hrs of allotted labor.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Just got my notification for this today, I'll take to the dealer since the TCU circuit has no power (I pulled the fuse). Also they can update the version of Sync and do the 10K checkup.
Sponsored