• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP 24P24 Front Hood Control Module

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Dropping it off right now. service tech also has me down for a “24P24” I have no idea what that can be.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MichaelCA

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Mine was picked up today for the parking sensor fix as well. They called me and told me that was done and that a new one came out for the front hood module, and they were going to do that one too. He didnt give me the number though.
On the way to pick it up. I’ll update this post if I know what it is
update “fhcn” so it seems like exactly what u had done

@TaxmanHog @Mike G if u guys want to make a new thread/get the CSP/TSB files however y’all find them

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Copied from another thread, BTW could anyone with the links to a bulletin share it?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Interesting thing about this one is that it can't be a stand-alone repair:

Customer satisfaction P-type programs are to be performed on impacted vehicles already in
for other service work (either mobile repair or in dealership) and Remote Experience
reimbursement for just this repair is not allowed.

Would think they would make it OTA.

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
At this point they might as well start handing out FDRS licenses to us to save time. This is getting a little silly….i think it’s the 10th or 11th CSP/Recall for my truck

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Customer satisfaction P-type programs are to be performed on impacted vehicles already in
for other service work (either mobile repair or in dealership) and Remote Experience

You took that out of context from the remote service section. It just means that the dealer can’t claim “Remote experience reimbursement” (whatever that is).

If you take your truck in, they’re supposed to fix it.
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24P24 Front Hood Control Module IMG_0985

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for the technical data sheets, I've updated the thread title as well.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is this CSP showing up for anybody in FordPass? Mine is only showing 24B56.

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
Same, just shows 23B70 and 24B56. But 24P24 does show in FDRS.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Not showing on mine yet, probably will show in a few weeks, now I'm delaying my 20,000 mile service visit until that pops up, I need to clear the LVB alert for which I already fixed the BMS out of pocket, the front sensors and now this issue, which I've never had a problem with my Frunk not opening properly!

I'm going to rotate my tire myself, while installing front & rear mud guards that I bought with my FordPass points a while ago, really want them installed to reduce the amount of snow/slush from getting on running boards and trailing fenders.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I found out about this one this morning when I dropped my truck off for parking CSP. They had added it to my service order. Primarily here due to not knowingly receiving any OTA updates since buying the truck a year ago July. However service tech says I did get one earlier this month. Never saw a notification, nothing on my software update screen, and no noticeable changes to screens/apps.
Are there OTA's that are just for module updates that would not send any notifications?

Expecting to see a lot of changes later today. He has it hooked up to do a large number of updates that are expected to take most of the day.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I found out about this one this morning when I dropped my truck off for parking CSP. They had added it to my service order. Primarily here due to not knowingly receiving any OTA updates since buying the truck a year ago July. However service tech says I did get one earlier this month. Never saw a notification, nothing on my software update screen, and no noticeable changes to screens/apps.
Are there OTA's that are just for module updates that would not send any notifications?

Expecting to see a lot of changes later today. He has it hooked up to do a large number of updates that are expected to take most of the day.
I did have some updates but they stopped last October. Took it in a few weeks ago and they pushed a single update to try and spur the OTA back into life (still no OTA). If they do more than just the CSP's, that would be fantastic, as they don't get paid by Ford to do those. Fingers crossed they hook you up and get you fully updated!

On topic, I've never had a problem with opening but about half the time it won't close properly. It will lower, but instead of the latch grabbing it the hood pops up a little bit. Sometimes, cycling with the button works, other times I have to manually open it, wait a minute, then hit the button on the fob or in the truck. It's rather annoying, the tech notes from my service visit said he's gotten several complaints about this and it is to be expected due to the air pocket in the frunk. The was a suggestion to close it slowly. Right......

I'm wondering if this update will help the closing work properly. Not showing up in FordPass yet. I have the parking sensor one showing, which I wasn't worried about as those have worked fine for me. But I might call it in anyways to see if I can get this applied too.

Jodokk

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Professor

LOLWhut?! Now That's customer service!
Sponsored