• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

uwquigman

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
So I'm a little confused....I called up my SunRun rep and they said that I have to contact my dealer to get the actual Ford Station Pro and then they will schedule install. Is that what you all are hearing as well? I read the above that I need to agree to terms with sunrun to get it ahead of time (in addition to the install agreement I already signed). What has anyone experienced so far?
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
In order to avoid all this stress and angst hoping to pre-install the Charge Station Pro I believe we all are better to just assume that we will not have it in hand until, or sometime after, we sign the papers and drive our truck home. To hope for anything better probably will NOT HAPPEN.

As a back up plan I am installing a 50-60 amp NEMA 14-50 plug to use the Mobile Charger in the meantime.

I am also breathlessly hoping for early solid information on the Ford Options Financing Plan for the Lightning including expected interest rate (36 and 48 month) and final Residual (Lariet ER) so I can budget for my monthly payments.

It would also be great if Ford would publish the Owner's Manual. Certainly, they would not still be editing it at this late date?

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I thought the included mobile charger was smaller than that?

Edit - To answer my own question it's a 30 amp charger based on what I have found.

Last edited:

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
How are you guys getting ahold of sunrun? I tried their contact form and got nothing. I want to plan the electrical build out of my garage so it would be helpful to have a conversation.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I already have EV charging in my garage, but I am having a solar installation along with electric service upgrade and while the electrician is there for the service upgrade/solar install/battery backup install I was hoping to have the high power evse installed as well. Due to a special EV charging rate (it saves 4.2 cents per kWh) I will be charging mostly with their provided evse at 30 amps, but if I need to/want to I will use the charge station pro to charge at 80 amps. Having an amazing extra evse is great if for some reason your existing evse fails.

On top of that why should anyone have to deal with sunrun when our purchase is through Ford. Ford is asking to get a lot of poor survey results post purchase due to this unnecessary complication. They controlled the expectations. If they said your evse will be in the frunk when you pick up the truck we would be ok with it. Bummer that it couldn't be taken care of sooner, but ok. Having an outside vendor gate keeping the product is a poor design for the customer (Ford possibly got some kickback from sunrun for this setup).

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Seems like should plan a 14-50 connector install and use the mobile charger that comes with truck until pro charger comes in
The pain with this, in my case, is that 14-50 is 4 wire. Pro charger is 3 wire install.
my run is completed at 150’. So a huge pain to make it 14-50 while I wait for pro charger.
I guess I’ll add 3miles/hour @120v. LOL

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
all the EVSE charge units are 'three' wires only, meaning that they do not use a neutral.
So, whether the NEMA 14-50 outlet has the neutral wire does not matter. Your included 'mobile' charger would work just fine on that same wiring.

now, when it comes to the 'feeding the whole house from the truck' wiring, that's different, because it WILL require the Neutral line - reasoning: both 'sides' of 120v power will be drawing different amperages at any given time, so the Neutral is required.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
@Ford Motor Company It would be great to have a detailed electrical diagram that we can use for quoting work if not in a sunrun state for the Charge Station pro and the backup power! I would be happy having the charge station pro in my truck when I take delivery since I am not in a sunrun state. We have a charger in the garage at the moment, but its in use most days, so planning the work is important. Currently I am seeing nearly a month out for most electrical work if not more depending on parts and complexity.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
How are you guys getting ahold of sunrun? I tried their contact form and got nothing. I want to plan the electrical build out of my garage so it would be helpful to have a conversation.
I called SunRun with the number listed on their website. Unfortunately they weren’t very knowledgeable or helpful with any of my questions.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
The pain with this, in my case, is that 14-50 is 4 wire. Pro charger is 3 wire install.
my run is completed at 150’. So a huge pain to make it 14-50 while I wait for pro charger.
I guess I’ll add 3miles/hour @120v. LOL
You could install a 6-50 which is a 3-wire receptacle, then use one of these to adapt the mobile charger's 14-50 plug to the 6-50 receptacle:

https://www.amazon.com/Morec-Welding-Charger-Connector-Connecter/dp/B083LRJ4DP

Since the EVSE doesn't need a neutral anyway, you're not missing out on anything. Maybe not worth it if you only have to get by for a few days or if you are hiring the work out, but it's a worthwhile stopgap.

I have a 14-50 in my garage, but it's on the inside wall and my garage won't fit the truck. I suppose I could get it most of the way in and charge it up for a few hours during the day, then park on the side of my house until I get my charge station.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
You could install a 6-50 which is a 3-wire receptacle, then use one of these to adapt the mobile charger's 14-50 plug to the 6-50 receptacle:

https://www.amazon.com/Morec-Welding-Charger-Connector-Connecter/dp/B083LRJ4DP

Since the EVSE doesn't need a neutral anyway, you're not missing out on anything. Maybe not worth it if you only have to get by for a few days or if you are hiring the work out, but it's a worthwhile stopgap.

I have a 14-50 in my garage, but it's on the inside wall and my garage won't fit the truck. I suppose I could get it most of the way in and charge it up for a few hours during the day, then park on the side of my house until I get my charge station.
Thanks for that.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I called SunRun with the number listed on their website. Unfortunately they weren’t very knowledgeable or helpful with any of my questions.
Here are a few leads for you :ROFLMAO:;)
Ford Lightning Team: 1-800-334-4375
SunRun: 1-844-809-4320
SunRun Solar Advisor: 1-833-324-5886
Ford Parts: 1-844-589-0600
AEE Express: 1-800-777-6609

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
all the EVSE charge units are 'three' wires only, meaning that they do not use a neutral.
So, whether the NEMA 14-50 outlet has the neutral wire does not matter. Your included 'mobile' charger would work just fine on that same wiring.

now, when it comes to the 'feeding the whole house from the truck' wiring, that's different, because it WILL require the Neutral line - reasoning: both 'sides' of 120v power will be drawing different amperages at any given time, so the Neutral is required.
The neutral when powering the house originates at the inverter(HIS). The charge station pro simply feeds DC from the battery to the inverter. The power in to the charge station will not require a neutral.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Thanks for the info! I went to their site and "signed up" but that sign up was super vague. So TL;DR they are supposed to call us up real soon.
Sponsored