• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
@speedracercjr
The last update i was doing on the GWM gave me the same issue as far as telling me to restart. I would wait for over 30 mins and same issue. Finally i clicked that it failed, Pulled the USB and it asked if i wanted to do the update via Canbus. I ran the update that way and was done in about 5 mins.
Reporting the update as failed and accepting the back up option to update via the CAN bus is good advice. That’s what @Jesse-Infotainment mentioned to me when my dealer said they couldn’t update my TCU. I didn’t have to use this method—the conventional USB method worked for me when I tried it myself—but it’s good to know there is an alternative.
Sponsored

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
I followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread and as soon as I tried to update a single module I got Vehicle Network Communication error on my Sync screen. I was starting with the instrument cluster update. It subsequently failed. I had to disconnect my battery to get the sync screen to stop displaying the message. And now my 8” instrument screen is blank. What do I do to get it back? My truck is an XLT 302a built in Apr 21.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread and as soon as I tried to update a single module I got Vehicle Network Communication error on my Sync screen. I was starting with the instrument cluster update. It subsequently failed. I had to disconnect my battery to get the sync screen to stop displaying the message. And now my 8” instrument screen is blank. What do I do to get it back? My truck is an XLT 302a built in Apr 21.
Are you getting any DTCs?

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So FDRS crashed for some reason. When I reloaded i selected my vehicle and it loaded performing the network scan (which I guess we’re not supposed to do). Anyway, once the scan was completed there were a bunch of orange boxes.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
So FDRS crashed for some reason. When I reloaded i selected my vehicle and it loaded performing the network scan (which I guess we’re not supposed to do). Anyway, once the scan was completed there were a bunch of orange boxes.
Go through each of the orange boxes and perform a “Network Test” then “Retest and Clear DTC”. Whatever does not clear is an active fault at given module. Post your results here

Sponsored

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok. Will do that in about 2 hours. I started the gateway module update via the canbus interface since it wasn’t seeing my usb when I plugged it in. Not sure what’s changed but not getting that network error right now. So if it’s a successful update it will take about 2 more hours to finish.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So is it an issue if the truck shuts off during the update process? It says to turn the ignition on, but mine will only stay on for 15 min or so before it automatically shuts off. It's still updating and I can see the VXDiag device is actively communicating. Just not sure if the fact that the truck is essentially off will have any negative impact.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
So is it an issue if the truck shuts off during the update process? It says to turn the ignition on, but mine will only stay on for 15 min or so before it automatically shuts off. It's still updating and I can see the VXDiag device is actively communicating. Just not sure if the fact that the truck is essentially off will have any negative impact.
When it's doing updates over can it kills all network traffic so nothing can be turned on or off.
The only factor you can worry about is maintaining the battery voltage with a charger/maintainer.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can definitely turn my radio back on after the system “shuts down”. About another 30 min remaining until the update is supposed to finish. Fingers crossed. Regardless of whether it takes or not, my next priority is getting my center cluster back.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
New Release v2022.02.17.0

Added
:
  • The dashboard page now refreshes the data and page every 30 seconds if you leave it open. It also includes a timestamp at the bottom of the page showing when it was last refreshed.
  • New Advanced Info link added to the bottom of the Dashboard page to quickly access the Sync Version info, all Widget data, and OTA info.

Fixed:
  • Fixed issues with the widget parameters not working. you no longer need to add the prefix of the widget size.
    Accepted parameters are now:
    • detailed
    • detailedDark
    • detailedLight
    • simple
    • simpleDark
    • simpleLight

Removed:
  • Disabled Oil Low Notifications.

• The OTA and vehicle data page is no longer in the menu, it's been moved to the advanced info page that is located at the bottom of the dashboard.
Updated:
  • OTA Page now has vehicle status and schedule info in the formatted section and slightly rearranged the layout.

Sponsored

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if my gateway module update took or not. I followed the onscreen instructions but it just hung at the establishing communication step. Had to stop FDRS and reload it. I’m retrying the instrument cluster update again. It’s gotten further than it did before and looks like it might take another hour or so. Fingers crossed this part will at least be fixed.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Not sure if my gateway module update took or not. I followed the onscreen instructions but it just hung at the establishing communication step. Had to stop FDRS and reload it. I’m retrying the instrument cluster update again. It’s gotten further than it did before and looks like it might take another hour or so. Fingers crossed this part will at least be fixed.
You might want to reinstall FDRS. You’ve had quite a few crashes from your posts.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would reinstall it but it’s in the middle of my ICM update. 9000 out of 99000. Going to take a while.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Are you sure that isn’t the IPC update? I had that happen to me and that 99000 update blocks takes about 5 hours.

Afterwords you may get a bunch of orange modules but do a test on each one with a clear DTC and retest and they should come back green.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well I think I’m about to waste about 2 hours since my charger does not seem to be working. I’m down to 6.1 volts. I have to wait for my wife to get home to make an autozone run to get a new charger. Good to know it’s going to take that long. I have to do it to get my cluster back since the first time around it erased everything and then failed.
Sponsored