• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Is it possible that the truck is downloading the files in the background and once complete it prompts to do the install? This much data can take awhile to download. Hence the wait time.
the big update for APIM is around 2-3GB. I have done 2GB updates in <10minutes with no issue. There's something 'stuck' that causes it, but trust me, it will work eventually. just forget about it, drive around, use the truck, and it will eventually just show up :)
Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
I wouldn’t bother running another PMI if you plan to do it with the Nano. I doubt it will work—the Nano is probably why the update isn’t completing properly—and @Bob_Mac may have some insight to add about the perils of multiple PMIs, when the first was unsuccessful. If you want to try again, you will probably have to borrow or buy another, more reliable adapter.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Based on the previous posts I was reading it was starting to point that direction. Wish I would have saw those first but a lot has been learned over the last few months. I didn't go back as far as I should have on this thread.

Mongoose is the obvious choice. VCM3's are on backorder it looks like. If anyone has one... where did you get it from?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
FYI. For those who saw some persistence in software being offered in FDRS even though you know you already applied the update, it looks like there might be a lag for some updates between when you do the update and when it’s processed in Ford’s servers. I updated several modules yesterday morning. IPMA, PSCM, ABS and GSM would not clear, as I expected. This morning, I logged into FDRS with the truck connected via the Mongoose and did another network scan. All but the GSM software update were removed. An earlier log-in this morning without the truck connected and thus without a fresh network scan still showed the four holdovers from yesterday.

If you, like me, just can’t stand having a list of “uncomepleted” updates, try logging in again the next day and doing a fresh network scan—but not with the Nano.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I wouldn’t bother running another PMI if you plan to do it with the Nano. I doubt it will work—the Nano is probably why the update isn’t completing properly—and @Bob_Mac may have some insight to add about the perils of multiple PMIs, when the first was unsuccessful. If you want to try again, you will probably have to borrow or buy another, more reliable adapter.
I fixed my U2100 by doing PMI on my IPC with a Nano. It took about 4 times. Tried as both original and new module. It finally worked, it seems, after I did some other updates first. Can be done with a Nano but no doubt mongoose better.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
When someone's module's goes crazy or doesn't do what they want...
69cm5b.jpg

Hopefully will get my DSM PMI to go through and get my running boards back like the other guy did ??
I was able to fix my running boards with a DSM PMI. Be sure to do a DSM test after as mine did not work till I did this.

Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I fixed my U2100 by doing PMI on my IPC with a Nano. It took about 4 times. Tried as both original and new module. It finally worked, it seems, after I did some other updates first. Can be done with a Nano but no doubt mongoose better.

Was it an existing or new module that lead to success?

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
the big update for APIM is around 2-3GB. I have done 2GB updates in <10minutes with no issue. There's something 'stuck' that causes it, but trust me, it will work eventually. just forget about it, drive around, use the truck, and it will eventually just show up :)
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1647793883276

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
You might have gotten really, really, really lucky. I would run this by @Bob_Mac before recommending this as a safe course of action. He saw something bad happen.

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I had a GWY module this morning pop up after the TCU went through. I've consistently had failures post successful USB update but "Retry part number validation works". Both on the TCU and GWY but selecting the above option seem to make it all gravy.

After the GWY module went through, the IPC went green and I had no more naughty orange modules that I had on the IPC, AND I was greeted with another IPC update.

No APIM or another GWY popped up. I think it is mongoose time regardless...

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I had a GWY module this morning pop up after the TCU went through. I've consistently had failures post successful USB update but "Retry part number validation works". Both on the TCU and GWY but selecting the above option seem to make it all gravy.

After the GWY module went through, the IPC went green and I had no more naughty orange modules that I had on the IPC, AND I was greeted with another IPC update.

No APIM or another GWY popped up. I think it is mongoose time regardless...
yeah, get the mongoose. my stuff has been gravy since i ditched the nano...

Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I've received my Mongoose but it won't activate. It was new from Amazon but I could tell the box had been opened before. Any suggestions? When I plug in to the computer I hear the noise from Windows of a device plugged in and the green light flashes on the mongoose.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS activationfailed

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
So I’ve hit a roadblock, and I’m posting this in case someone knows what is failing/ going on (or in case someone else too experiences this issue). Huge thank you to @Jesse-Infotainment for working on this with me over the last 2 days, but unfortunately the issue still persists. If someone mentioned this issue already, I apologize. My eyes are almost literally on fire as I read through the entire 2000+ posts on this thread over the last 2 nights while working in the NICU in between patient rounds, and didn’t see it mentioned.

When attempting to update the IPC or GWM module, FDRS attempts to download the update for about 30 seconds and then displays: GWM software update application ended with an error state. It does the same thing for the IPC. Also, if a PMI is attempted on either module, it does the same thing, ending in an error state after attempting to download. I have never been prompted to insert a usb drive, ever. Not sure if this is related to a GWM Ethernet problem. Currently on 2.3.0

My other modules updates mostly went through just fine without issue, except, like mentioned heavily earlier in the thread, some won’t clear from the list: GSM, PSCM, IPMA, etc. When I was updating IPMA the first time, it errored out about 80% of the way through. I reapplied the update again and it went through successfully the second time. Active driver assist (what keeps your wheel centered on the highway while cruising and lane assist on) does not work at this time. No other errors are popping up on the IPC.

No DTCs are present on any of the modules present, they are also green on FDRS and pass self tests flawlessly.

I am using a mongoose cable, drivers installed, and have no used any other devices. Forscan reset of the modules was also done, went off flawlessly without issue.

I am not good with reading advanced code, so I am not 100% sure if any of my AB is corrupted or if this issue is entirely on the FDRS side. My vin is 1FTFW1E11MFB18254.

I tried pulling the battery for about 7 hours (while I slept during the day for work tonight), didn’t change anything. FDRS was reinstalled. Large quantities of coffee consumed. My voltage holds relatively steady during updates. Internet connection reset.

Also pictured: when I try to shutdown my laptop, this error pops up related to FDRS. I will be trying a newer laptop later this weekend, but I stopped right here as I don’t want to screw things up by clicking on ? without asking other first.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

827B9A5A-77C4-40C0-BF66-E7CD80F883D8.jpeg
I will be borrowing a newer laptop from someone to see if it is the issue or not, definitely wouldnt spend money on a new laptop in hopes of it being the cause and then paying a hefty restocking fee. Will also completely wipe and factory reset my current laptop (its only use is forscan and FDRS, i normally use a macbook but know windows well). I already tried reinstalling FDRS with no luck, same issue persisted. Not sure if there is a cache of files left over post unstill though. Im using a lenovo running windows 10.
Your last screenshot leads me to believe you may have bad RAM, some sort of corruption on your storage drive, or a virus.

1. If you are running Windows 10, open "virus & threat protection", click Scan options, then select Microsoft Defender Offline scan.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1647797653519

2. If you want to test your RAM, try Memtest86+. Download to a USB, then boot to the USB and run a few tests on your RAM.
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

3. You may also try a checkdisk on your drive by running "chkdsk C: /R /F" from command prompt

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I've received my Mongoose but it won't activate. It was new from Amazon but I could tell the box had been opened before. Any suggestions? When I plug in to the computer I hear the noise from Windows of a device plugged in and the green light flashes on the mongoose.
activationfailed.png
This same thing happened to another member. It was a bad device and had to be returned. Did you try contacting Opus customer support? Im not sure if you will get anyone on Sunday. I suspect you will need to return and have another one shipped to you. That sucks!!

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
activationfailed.png
i didnt have activation issues, but mine was opened (the seal on the box was no good) but everything else looked/felt new.
Sponsored