• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
After doing some updates over the weekend I have noticed some of my settings do not stick. Specifically, my clock. I am in the military and like to have my clock set to 24 hour clock. I noticed yesterday the clock displaying 12 hour clock time (AM/PM times). I went to the settings and 24 hour clock was still selected. I set it back to 12 hour and then back to 24 hour clock and the time was displayed as 24 hour time again. Now, today when I got in the truck to come home from work, the same thing. 24 hour clock was selected in the settings but it was displaying 12 hour time. What can I do to fix whatever is causing this?
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
After doing some updates over the weekend I have noticed some of my settings do not stick. Specifically, my clock. I am in the military and like to have my clock set to 24 hour clock. I noticed yesterday the clock displaying 12 hour clock time (AM/PM times). I went to the settings and 24 hour clock was still selected. I set it back to 12 hour and then back to 24 hour clock and the time was displayed as 24 hour time again. Now, today when I got in the truck to come home from work, the same thing. 24 hour clock was selected in the settings but it was displaying 12 hour time. What can I do to fix whatever is causing this?
This drives me nuts too. I'm not in the military, just prefer 24 hour format. I think the worst part about it is that it's randomly fine. I've given up trying though. Nothing we can do except complain to Ford about it.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
If you mean on the IPC, then based on this:

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1722977724953-3k

I would try changing that value to an E to see if that leaves it on 24 hours permanently. Just document whatever is there so you can revert back to it if you need to.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you mean on the IPC, then based on this:

1722977724953-3k.png

I would try changing that value to an E to see if that leaves it on 24 hours permanently. Just document whatever is there so you can revert back to it if you need to.
Thanks! I will give it a try.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@rugedraw I had previously put a 0 there to disable the door ajar chime. looking at your picture, that doesn't seem to make sense now. not sure where I previously found that info. but I also see it is for an engine/ignition on chime so maybe that does make sense? I am not sure if EIOCM relates to door ajar. should I put an E or a C?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw I had previously put a 0 there to disable the door ajar chime. looking at your picture, that doesn't seem to make sense now. not sure where I previously found that info. but I also see it is for an engine/ignition on chime so maybe that does make sense? I am not sure if EIOCM relates to door ajar. should I put an E or a C?
I'm no FORScan expert. The only reason that stood out to me is because it is the only mention I found of the 24 hour display on the spreadsheet and it says "elect/HEV" there. I may be completely off base here, but the key has to be there somewhere.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm no FORScan expert. The only reason that stood out to me is because it is the only mention I found of the 24 hour display on the spreadsheet and it says "elect/HEV" there. I may be completely off base here, but the key has to be there somewhere.
Yeah, I am just learning this stuff. I will try both C and E and see what happens...

Another question. Maybe some on my configurations didn't "take" during the module updates? Is it better to: a) run the configuration again for a updated module in FDRS, or b) run PMI for that module again?

What is odd is if that setting is related to the IPC, I didn't even have an update for IPC. I understand other updates could affect it, so just wondering if I should just re-run the configuration for each module I update or do the PMI for each again or if that is all just useless.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yeah, I am just learning this stuff. I will try both C and E and see what happens...

Another question. Maybe some on my configurations didn't "take" during the module updates? Is it better to: a) run the configuration again for a updated module in FDRS, or b) run PMI for that module again?

What is odd is if that setting is related to the IPC, I didn't even have an update for IPC. I understand other updates could affect it, so just wondering if I should just re-run the configuration for each module I update or do the PMI for each again or if that is all just useless.
If all you suspect is a config issue, then the PMI is not needed and the config script will suffice.

Many people never had the latest IPC update show for them in FDRS. Not sure why, but you're not alone in that, for sure.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If all you suspect is a config issue, then the PMI is not needed and the config script will suffice.

Many people never had the latest IPC update show for them in FDRS. Not sure why, but you're not alone in that, for sure.
Well, my 48 hour license has expired :( Seems like it will have to wait until more updates are available so I can do some updates while I have another license. Maybe the powertrain updates will drop soon.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Well, I just checked it and there was a 0 at the specified location. I guess that makes sense since I did do that with FORScan however prior to the module updates my 24 hour clock was saving and being applied every time and now it isn't. I wrote the C to the specified location and will test later to see if the 24 hour clock sticks this time.

Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks! I will give it a try.
Looking back at this, I don't really understand what the DTERC descending and DTERC ascending/descending means. DTE = distance to empty I believe? I think I will change out to a 4 which should be DTERC descending for 24 hour clock. TBH, I have no clue.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Looking back at this, I don't really understand what the DTERC descending and DTERC ascending/descending means. DTE = distance to empty I believe? I think I will change out to a 4 which should be DTERC descending for 24 hour clock. TBH, I have no clue.
I do not know what all the acronyms on there mean, either.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, just to see if it would work, I reset the IPC address back to stock (a 2). Same results. Would change to 24 hour clock but not save when coming back to the truck. It would display it was set to 24 hours in settings but display in 12 hour mode. I then went ahead and did a full system reset through the touch screen thinking maybe it would fix the issue. Nope, same results. Changing the 2 to a 4 does work but for whatever reason it will no longer retain my settings for my clock, I have to do it manually in FORScan

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Well, just to see if it would work, I reset the IPC address back to stock (a 2). Same results. Would change to 24 hour clock but not save when coming back to the truck. It would display it was set to 24 hours in settings but display in 12 hour mode. I then went ahead and did a full system reset through the touch screen thinking maybe it would fix the issue. Nope, same results. Changing the 2 to a 4 does work but for whatever reason it will no longer retain my settings for my clock, I have to do it manually in FORScan
I don't know what else to suggest, brother.

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
@Mike G I was just wondering if there was any update on the Power Train bulletin? I know you had mentioned its as moved to August and I think Ruggedraw checked at the beginning of August and it was still the same, so now that it is almost half way into August I was just wondering if there was any update or if they used it back again. Thanks!
Sponsored