• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

nhlightning

First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR AWD
I've decided to take the plunge, and I purchased the Mongoose (which has been updated and setup), 64GB USB 3 thumb drives in ExFAT, and the Schumacher 100 (which arrives today). I decided to setup my Motorcraft account but it appears it's now tied to my Ford account (redirects you to the Ford site and once you login back to the Motorcraft service site which you have to create a new account). The "User Type" now has 11 options and none of them are "Non-Dealer Motorcraft". The most logical options was "Do it yourself". After I login I only see the following licenses to purchase:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1725102346105-i6

Found the answer in posts 241-243.

Two questions: 1. Is the license valid 2 days from the time the license is installed (timestamp) or just midnight of the 2nd day? 2. Is 2 days long enough if I'm on PowerUp v4.2.3.1?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I've decided to take the plunge, and I purchased the Mongoose (which has been updated and setup), 64GB USB 3 thumb drives in ExFAT, and the Schumacher 100 (which arrives today). I decided to setup my Motorcraft account but it appears it's now tied to my Ford account (redirects you to the Ford site and once you login back to the Motorcraft service site which you have to create a new account). The "User Type" now has 11 options and none of them are "Non-Dealer Motorcraft". The most logical options was "Do it yourself". After I login I only see the following licenses to purchase:
1725102346105-i6.png

Found the answer in posts 241-243.

Two questions: 1. Is the license valid 2 days from the time the license is installed (timestamp) or just midnight of the 2nd day? 2. Is 2 days long enough if I'm on PowerUp v4.2.3.1?

Thanks
I can't remember the time frame exactly but activating first thing Saturday morning should carry you through the weekend.

2 days is long enough to do every module in the vehicle.

Be careful about Sunday mornings. That's quite often when Ford does server maintenance for a few hours (like from 8 to possibly 12 in the morning). They don't always do it, and the amount of time the servers are down varies, but you don't want to be in the middle of something when that goes down and you can't download some file...and you're thinking you just bricked something. The servers come back up invariably after lunchtime but it can mess with your planning if you had something else to do on a Sunday afternoon and weren't expecting the delay.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh and they did change the login thing to reflect your email address instead of a username...that was about 8-9 months ago.

nhlightning

First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't remember the time frame exactly but activating first thing Saturday morning should carry you through the weekend.

2 days is long enough to do every module in the vehicle.

Be careful about Sunday mornings. That's quite often when Ford does server maintenance for a few hours (like from 8 to possibly 12 in the morning). They don't always do it, and the amount of time the servers are down varies, but you don't want to be in the middle of something when that goes down and you can't download some file...and you're thinking you just bricked something. The servers come back up invariably after lunchtime but it can mess with your planning if you had something else to do on a Sunday afternoon and weren't expecting the delay.
Do you know what time zone the Ford servers are in?

Thanks

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you know what time zone the Ford servers are in?

Thanks
Tough question because when you use FDRS (or PTS) there’s more than one server it logs into, and I’m not sure they’re all in one place. If I had to guess I’d say Eastern time zone, but I don’t know that as a fact.

Sponsored

nhlightning

First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm sure glad I bought that Schumacher 100...after first doing the modem update, I did the IPMA 2nd and boy does that pull some juice (S100 set to 13.4v and at one point it dropped in FDRS to 11.4v). I wasn't getting a good connection at the 12v battery posts prior to the update (I used the correct ones). I ended up connecting to the jump posts under the passenger side fender because it said the battery SOC charge was below 70% (I had a trickle charger on the LVB all night long). IPMA is still running and at the current rate won't be done for a 1.5 hours. I'm not sure how Ford figured an OTA update like that would work.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm sure glad I bought that Schumacher 100...after first doing the modem update, I did the IPMA 2nd and boy does that pull some juice. I wasn't getting a good connection at the 12v battery posts (I used the correct ones). I ended up connecting to the jump posts under the passenger side fender because it said the battery SOC charge was below 70% (I had a trickle charger on the LVB all night long). IPMA is still running and at the current rate won't be done for a 1.5 hours. I'm not sure how Ford figured an OTA update like that would work.
The HVB charges the LVB during an update where the vehicle is inhibited. The OTA process also writes the updates files MUCH faster than the Mongoose does.

nhlightning

First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I believe I'm mostly caught up with the software updates. ACM doesn't go away after multiple successful installs and BCM won't accept the credentials I setup. I'm also at Sync v 23306_Product Rev. 1076 as well.

Based on this: (1) Software Update 6.14.0 - Sync Update Ver 23306 Revision: 1076 | Ford Lightning Forum For F-150 Lightning EV Pickup: News, Owners, Discussions, Community (f150lightningforum.com) It looks like I might be at Software Update 6.14.0 using FDRS.
ACM won't clear; you can ignore that. BCM cannot be updated without a dealer FDRS login even if you set up the NFTSA password.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I had CSP 24B56 done today to update the IPMA. I’ve had back luck with my dealer and don’t really trust that they actually performed the update. Is this something that would show up in FDRS if completed? Can anybody check my VIN? I want to make sure it’s done before picking it up.
Thanks!

1FT6W1EV1PWG35822

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I had CSP 24B56 done today to update the IPMA. I’ve had back luck with my dealer and don’t really trust that they actually performed the update. Is this something that would show up in FDRS if completed? Can anybody check my VIN? I want to make sure it’s done before picking it up.
Thanks!

1FT6W1EV1PWG35822
IPMA and PSCM were both updated earlier today.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
IPMA and PSCM were both updated earlier today.
Thanks! I just picked it up but couldn't figure out how to turn on auto lane change with BC1.3. I think I recall that this needed to be activated with Forscan and searched but couldn't find it. Are there instruction on how to enable auto lane change?
Sponsored

Last edited: