F150 Lightning FORscan thread

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Understood. What's odd is that enabling Glare Free, but not toggling it on, disables Auto High Beam. This would suggest the vehicles with Glare Free from the factory also don't have Auto High Beam, but then why would there be an Auto High Beam setting on the dial? Maybe those trucks have a different dial that does not have the setting?

At least it seems odd to me.
What seems odd to me is that from the system description (attached), you would think that all higher trim trucks have the glare free function built in already. And that all you had to do was turn it on or off from the settings screen.
Sponsored

Attachments

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
What seems odd to me is that from the system description (attached), you would think that all higher trim trucks have the glare free function built in already. And that all you had to do was turn it on or off from the settings screen.
Wow, that's very neat. Nice find. It's my understanding that at the time of production, the Glare Free feature was not yet approved for use by the DOT, NHTSA, or whatever else organization is in charge. Ford included the capability (perhaps to cut down on variants and SKUs) but did not enable it.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Nice find! It may be an oversight but the glare-free system only appears under the section Headlamps -LED Headlamps -Except Electric Vehicles. Not only is there Glare-Free but Automatic Headlamps Leveling which also sounds cool.

The next section, Headlamps -LED Headlamps -Electric Vehicles Only has neither Glare-Free or Automatic Leveling mentioned.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Does anyone know how to make SPORT mode the Default or make the truck stay in the last mode?
I know there was a software update that "fixed" an issue with the truck staying in OFF ROAD.
I was hoping to figure out how to make SPORT the default.

Figured I could get @GDN to program that and a couple other things for me in exchange for some ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Who said ๐Ÿ•? I'm easily pleased.

I've slept since then, but when we did your bed lights did we activate Glare Free for the headlights?

Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Who said ๐Ÿ•? I'm easily pleased.

I've slept since then, but when we did your bed lights did we activate Glare Free for the headlights?
They stayed working after the forced updates. It was just the bed lights that returned to the default.
I want to get at least the seat belt reminder turned off and the cameras enabled for full time use. And the SPORT mode but not sure how.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
They stayed working after the forced updates. It was just the bed lights that returned to the default.
I want to get at least the seat belt reminder turned off and the cameras enabled for full time use. And the SPORT mode but not sure how.
We need someone to weigh in on the cameras for full time use and exactly what they changed. That is the change I made that removed my one pedal switch from the screen.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
We need someone to weigh in on the cameras for full time use and exactly what they changed. That is the change I made that removed my one pedal switch from the screen.
I have an ask out on that. And I will ask if that has happened to him, if he replies.
What again did you do to get it back?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I have an ask out on that. And I will ask if that has happened to him, if he replies.
What again did you do to get it back?
I found the setting in the not "as built" section for one pedal drive. Turned that on. and looked to see what it changed in the As Built. Found it was one of the setting changes I had made for always on cameras.

Sponsored

sharper4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know the code to use to change the number of blinks to 4 in the SCCM module? I can only find codes for 3, 5 and 6.

Change Number of Blinks in Turn Indicator (From @jredondox)
724-01-01 XXXX-8CXX XX for 3 clicks
724-01-01 XXXX-94XX XX for 5 clicks
724-01-01 XXXX-98XX XX for 6 clicks

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Does anyone know the code to use to change the number of blinks to 4 in the SCCM module? I can only find codes for 3, 5 and 6.

I donโ€™t know for sure but converting hex to decimal:
8C=140
94=148
98=152

Each click is an increment of 4 so you probably need 144 decimal which is 90 hex.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer

8C=140 decimal 3 clicks
94=148 decimal 5 clicks
98=152 decimal 6 clicks
Interpolating
90=144 decimal 4 clicks
So 90?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

I changed mine to 5 and sometimes only get 4. So YMMV.

Give us an update if you do use the new of 90.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I used the interface instead of the code and just selected 4 blinks from the drop down.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN