Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
I recently stumbled upon a Bluetooth OBD Reader I had in a drawer, and it seems to be supported by FORscan (just from a quick glance around the interwebs)

I have also ordered a rain sensor to enable rain sensing wipers so I plan on opening the rabbit hole that is FORscan soonish.

This thread has gotten very long with various topics and I noticed the front post was:
"Last edited: Jan 6, 2023 "

Is there a single point of reference to go to when getting started for the various things like:
  • What can be changed?
  • What can be enabled?
  • What potential issues may arise from altered state of x?
Basically a "Here is what the most common changes are and they work well" page for dummies?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I recently stumbled upon a Bluetooth OBD Reader I had in a drawer, and it seems to be supported by FORscan (just from a quick glance around the interwebs)
If your dongle is one made by OBDLink (like the MX or CX), you should be fine. But if it's a cheapie no-name, I would be cautious on using it for programming. I have the USB OBDLink EX which is flawless.

I also have the Veepeak OBDCheck BT dongle which I use for the CarScanner and FORScan Viewer phone apps. It seems to run at a slower speed than the OBDLink so I don't use it for programming.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

I have also ordered a rain sensor to enable rain sensing wipers so I plan on opening the rabbit hole that is FORscan soonish.

This thread has gotten very long with various topics and I noticed the front post was:
"Last edited: Jan 6, 2023 "

Is there a single point of reference to go to when getting started for the various things like:
  • What can be changed?
  • What can be enabled?
  • What potential issues may arise from altered state of x?
Basically a "Here is what the most common changes are and they work well" page for dummies?
My sensor has been sitting on the counter for about a month now. I previously did the glare free lights and turned off the two honks when you exit. If you look around post #298 in this thread there is info on installing the rain sensor. The general tutorial is linked in the first post on this thread. Maybe I’ll do my sensor tomorrow.

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
If your dongle is one made by OBDLink (like the MX or CX), you should be fine. But if it's a cheapie no-name, I would be cautious on using it for programming. I have the USB OBDLink EX which is flawless.

I also have the Veepeak OBDCheck BT dongle which I use for the CarScanner and FORScan Viewer phone apps. It seems to run at a slower speed than the OBDLink so I don't use it for programming.
Its this guy: Vgate iCar Pro Wi-Fi (thought it was Bluetooth, but its actually WiFi)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4QL7/

Some reviews mention using FORscan successfully but I may just hold out a bit longer and buy a proper cable OBD for programming.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Its this guy: Vgate iCar Pro Wi-Fi (thought it was Bluetooth, but its actually WiFi)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4QL7/

Some reviews mention using FORscan successfully but I may just hold out a bit longer and buy a proper cable OBD for programming.
I have that one. First one was DoA. Second one works much more reliably.
I have used it with ForScan, I use it with car scanner ABRP etc. IMO reliable enough for monitoring not reliable enough for programming. IMO Grab a hard wired one if you’re going to program.

Sponsored

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
1 Pedal Drive

Due to an issue I’m facing currently, the controls tab in my Sync 4a menu is missing. The controls tab contains the toggle for 1 Pedal Drive mode. So I have no way of turning it off from the the vehicle interface currently…..

Is there a way to turn this toggle off via Forscan? I don’t want to disable the feature by coding it out of the module or anything, I just want to turn 1 Pedal Drive off temporarily until I can get this Controls tab issue fixed. Waiting on FDRS updates…

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
1 Pedal Drive

Due to an issue I’m facing currently, the controls tab in my Sync 4a menu is missing. The controls tab contains the toggle for 1 Pedal Drive mode. So I have no way of turning it off from the the vehicle interface currently…..

Is there a way to turn this toggle off via Forscan? I don’t want to disable the feature by coding it out of the module or anything, I just want to turn 1 Pedal Drive off temporarily until I can get this Controls tab issue fixed. Waiting on FDRS updates…
I forget which, but one of the drive modes turns 1 Pedal off for that mode.

Forscan also has page with the settings for the Control tab. Don't use the "as built" but the other option for settings. You will find an o Forscan setting that makes the toggle available or takes it away - it does not turn 1 Pedal on or Off, just makes the taggle available.

I wonder if you went in and messed with that, would that also bring your Control screen back. Some setting has likely been flipped that hid it.

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Success! Controls tab and drive modes (including 1PD toggle) have been restored!

In summary: this occurred due to using the As Built format to enable Cameras at Speed… which the Lightning’s already have so it is a counterproductive mod from the Common tab of the Forscan spreadsheet. We should really add a note to that mod that it isn’t applicable to Lightning’s.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ion-disappeared-from-screen.12232/post-380030

I found this recent thread, exact issue I’m having and it looks like it’s related to the cameras at speed forscan tweak. I’m going to fix this in the morning.
Congrats on finding that and getting it fixed. I think I was the first to wipe out my "1 Pedal" toggle and it took me a year to dig into it and find that it was the Camera at speed setting that removed it.

Even though I know I read it, I glossed over and missed that that setting now wipes out the whole control panel.

Glad you found those posts and got it fixed.

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats on finding that and getting it fixed. I think I was the first to wipe out my "1 Pedal" toggle and it took me a year to dig into it and find that it was the Camera at speed setting that removed it.

Even though I know I read it, I glossed over and missed that that setting now wipes out the whole control panel.

Glad you found those posts and got it fixed.
Yes and thank you for posting! That’s what keeps this forum going.
Sponsored