• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

fast chargers on I 80 from Hazleton, PA to Cleveland, OH?

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I need to drive on Tuesday from just outside Philly to Cleveland. I assume I could charge on the PA Turnpike but Mapquest says it is quicker to take I 476 to Hazleton, and then take I 80 to Cleveland. OH.

I will need really good, reliable fast chargers. What experiences have you had with chargers going PA Turnpike or I 80 between these 2 locations? I do have an ER.
Also is there a good fast charger near Souderton, PA? Looking forward to being able to use Tesla Superchargers because I have driven Teslas since 2017 and have never had difficulty finding Superchargers, and they have always been reliable.

Also do any readers have local knowledge of good DC fast chargers in the Shaker Heights part of Cleveland?
Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
ABRP and PlugShare are your friend. Take a look at the apps for routes and reviews and filter by charge speed.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I need to drive on Tuesday from just outside Philly to Cleveland. I assume I could charge on the PA Turnpike but Mapquest says it is quicker to take I 476 to Hazleton, and then take I 80 to Cleveland. OH.

I will need really good, reliable fast chargers. What experiences have you had with chargers going PA Turnpike or I 80 between these 2 locations? I do have an ER.
Also is there a good fast charger near Souderton, PA? Looking forward to being able to use Tesla Superchargers because I have driven Teslas since 2017 and have never had difficulty finding Superchargers, and they have always been reliable.

Also do any readers have local knowledge of good DC fast chargers in the Shaker Heights part of Cleveland?
I’ve used the EA in Allentown and it was slow…really slow. The EA in Harrisburg is also crap. At least one of them is always broken and there’s almost always a line.

If you’re outside Philly you should be able to make it to Bloomsburg with no issues.

But if you cut through Harrisburg you can likely get to Du Bois before charging. I’ve had good experiences with both of those.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
80 through PA is really sparse right now, lots are planned though. I don't think I could make it from Dubois to Berwick in my SR.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Near Clarion, PA there is an Electrify America. I don’t have the specifics, but I think they have 350kw (yeah, right!) chargers.
I haven’t had the occasion to stop there, but it shows up on my “near by” chargers.

Sponsored

Sprint76

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
I've had good luck with the Bedford Electrify America station. Sheetz and other restaurants nearby. The map may show a DCFC at Breezewood, but that is Rivian only. Carlisle had a big line when i was there so i tried to stretch it to Bedford and ended up needing to slow charge at the Rivian charger for free (they have two level 2 chargers in additional to the DCFC) to get enough to make it to Bedford.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I've had good luck with the Bedford Electrify America station.
It had a rough couple weeks for a bit, seems to be back to positive reviews on plugshare now. I had to run out to Hershey at the beginning of the month, and people were reporting that there were huge waits. We bypassed it and went straight to Carlise. It's a stretch in an SR, that is for sure. Did the same on the way back, and it was telling us we wouldn't make it once we had already passed Bedford. It is insane how there is just nothing at all between Carlisle and Pittsburgh besides Bedford. Anything there is has been down for years.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Sorry to hit up the thread one more time but it's interesting a new magic dock location opened in Pittsburgh off the Harmar exit from 28/76

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Sorry to hit up the thread one more time but it's interesting a new magic dock location opened in Pittsburgh off the Harmar exit from 28/76
I'm shocked there is a magic dock there. I live nearby so I don't need it but hearing this I'll go down and test it today and report back

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I'm shocked there is a magic dock there. I live nearby so I don't need it but hearing this I'll go down and test it today and report back
Not in the app yet so you wouldn't be able to activate it until they put it in there.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
80 through PA is really sparse right now, lots are planned though. I don't think I could make it from Dubois to Berwick in my SR.
You definitely won't be able to..OP had a ER and it would just make it.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I’m at the new Supercharger in Harmarville PA now. The Tesla app doesn’t show it as available but here is a photo of the handle. Can someone confirm it is a Magic Dock?
Ford F-150 Lightning fast chargers on I 80 from Hazleton, PA to Cleveland, OH? IMG_7384

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I’m at the new Supercharger in Harmarville PA now. The Tesla app doesn’t show it as available but here is a photo of the handle. Can someone confirm it is a Magic Dock?
IMG_7384.jpeg
That's a Magic Dock.
Sponsored