• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home

vorguy

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lightning Lariat, '03 F-250 6.0, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Airport maintenance
Hello! I just purchased a '24 Lightning Lariat ER. Love the truck, but I'm having issues setting it to charge on a set schedule. I starts charging as soon as I plug it in. I was able to set the end time for 6AM, but cannot set a schedule. The screen says, "Must charge at a location before setting preferred charging times." I have charged it to 80%, 90%, and 100% at home with a Clipper Creek 40Amp charger and still cannot set a charging location. I called Ford and they said to try charging at a fast charger and if that doesn't work, take it to the dealer. I'm hoping I don't have a have a Bluetooth charger for this to work.
Am I overlooking something obvious? Ant help is appreciated.

Ford F-150 Lightning First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home image_67201025.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home image_67197697.JPG
Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Plug the truck in at home. While it is plugged in and charging, you should be able to set your Home location.

OP
OP
vorguy

vorguy

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lightning Lariat, '03 F-250 6.0, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Airport maintenance
Thanks for the quick response. Just tried charging from 89% to the default 100% and set the location. Still didn't work. Anything else I may be missing? The location does show up on the navigation screen.

Ford F-150 Lightning First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home IMG_6243[1]

Ford F-150 Lightning First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home IMG_6244[1]

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
The icons at the top of your screen indicate that you have a newer version of Sync than the 22/23's. I don't know if there is a bug in it or not, but something to keep in mind. A topic for another thread perhaps, to explore differences.

I would wager that setting up a charging schedule should be unchanged. Do you have FordPass set up yet? You might be able to get a schedule set up in that, which should then populate on the truck. I haven't added a location in a while. If it didn't recognize that you charged at a location, double check your settings to make sure the truck can see GPS.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Double check the Fordpass account, make sure you don't already show an unsynchronized location displaying, if so .... delete it.

If you've tried multiple times since the last drive cycle, take the truck for a short drive to stir-up the GPS a bit, hopefully the next try will work.

Make sure you're NOT already at 100%, if you are the truck commands the EVSE to stop charging and won't allow a location to be stored, I noted above one of your shots shows ~89%, that's good for creating the charging location.

Make sure to remove the weekday & weekend profiles if they are showing.

If NOTHING is showing use the FP to create the new schemes, this ~might~ work in lieu of doing it on the Sync screen, =many of us with the MY22 & MY 23 trucks had difficulty creating new profiles via Fordpass, but with version 5.x this might actually work .... fingers crossed.

Ford F-150 Lightning First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home 1721071217337-o7
Ford F-150 Lightning First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home 1721071238858-7
Ford F-150 Lightning First Post: Cannot Set Charging Location at Home 1721071249688-01
Sponsored

Last edited: