• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Well…this is new and annoying…

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix IMG_5650

I drove the truck about 6 hours ago, parked and plugged her in to charge. Unplugged her about 3 hours ago.

Doesn’t seem I can remote condition, lock, unlock or do anything. Never seen this before, always been able to pull down to refresh and wake the truck.
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Well…this is new and annoying…

IMG_5650.png

I drove the truck about 6 hours ago, parked and plugged her in to charge. Unplugged her about 3 hours ago.

Doesn’t seem I can remote condition, lock, unlock or do anything. Never seen this before, always been able to pull down to refresh and wake the truck.
This happened to me yesterday. I wanted to unlock the doors for my girlfriend and I got that screen. The saddest thing was, we were just driving it about fifteen minutes before that happened.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Weird stuff onboard the truck this morning, on the 15" screen the image for the backup 360 camera view was very small and centered on the screen. subsequent backup screens were normal after my morning trip.

No apparent software updates received, last as noted in my signature. [23-PU1024-6CH-AUD on 4/5/24 ]

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My health status is under the Service tab.

Screenshot_20240604_232328_FordPass.jpg

My truck health says GOOD in the app, but when I go to ford.com, the status is excellent. Why do they need to complicate something that's really quite simple? I don't get it.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix Screenshot_20240605_161855_Dolphin

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I missed if anyone else reported, but 5.0.2 for iOS is out.
  • Performance and bug fixes.
  • Fixed the issue where a blank screen was shown after login.
  • Fixed the issue where the incorrect vehicle capability check logic was applied for Apple Watch and PHEV vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I missed if anyone else reported, but 5.0.2 for iOS is out.
  • Performance and bug fixes.
  • Fixed the issue where a blank screen was shown after login.
  • Fixed the issue where the incorrect vehicle capability check logic was applied for Apple Watch and PHEV vehicles.
Not seeing 5.0.2 for my Android as of yet, might be that we don't have those issues & features.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just got Android version updated to 5.0.2, all seems to be working fine, only bug fixes no enhancements.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717801091750-dy

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Weird stuff onboard the truck this morning, on the 15" screen the image for the backup 360 camera view was very small and centered on the screen. subsequent backup screens were normal after my morning trip.

No apparent software updates received, last as noted in my signature. [23-PU1024-6CH-AUD on 4/5/24 ]
You have the same issue I have, did it correct itself? I've been going on 3 months with the Mach-E sized 360..

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I went to double check that I have departure times on so I'll have a cool cabin when I leave work and FordPass only gave me a screen that says I'm out of date and need to update the app. Ok, I tap the button and it takes me to the Google Play Store for FordPass and my only options are to uninstall or open. I'm already up to date, 5.0.3. So I tap open and get the same "must update now" screen. Fine, clear cache, no change. I haven't uninstalled yet, has anyone else encountered this?

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Haven't checked all previous posts in this thread but it seems one thing that's changed with the new 5.x FordPass app is the ability to refresh your cloud data by pulling down and refreshing the FordPass app on your phone screen. My Ford.com dashboard says my LVB % SOC is only 47% (that was this morning due to a little "Battery Saver" problem). But now, after running my truck for over 3 hours in Full-Accessory Mode while plugged in, Car Scanner reports my LVB % SOC is 82%. Trying to refresh the iOS v5.02 FordPass app does nothing to update the online Dashboard figure. Ford really "improved" the app... Presumably less frequent server refreshs are lessening Ford's electric bill... With older versions of the FordPass app, refreshing the FordPass app seemed to cause the online Dashboard LVB % SOC to update within about 15 to 20 seconds.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Send a Lock Command

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Send a Lock Command
So I fired up FP v5.02 to "Send a Lock Command" and saw the following (I've checked for App Storre updates several times today and saw none. As of right now, the App Store on my iPhone says that there are none, including for FordPass. Go figure...:
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix IMG_0986.PNG

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So I fired up FP v5.02 to "Send a Lock Command" and saw the following (I've checked for App Storre updates several times today and saw none. As of right now, the App Store on my iPhone says that there are none, including for FordPass. Go figure...:
IMG_0986.PNG
Were you using the V4 to V5 beta?

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
IMG_0986.PNG
Hitting the Update Now button just takes me to the App Store and after a few seconds to refresh the Update button in the App Store, that button changes to an OPEN button and shows the offered version is v5.02, which was available and installed by me two weeks ago. Opening the app, through the App Store button just gives me the same error, that I'm running a no longer supported app that needs to be updated (here we go round in circles...).

So, I deleted and reinstalled the FordPass app, which fixed the "No Longer Supported" problem.

Sending a Lock Command did cause the Ford.com Dashboard LVB % SOC to update. The whole mess is not very "user-discoverable..."
Sponsored