Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
So the only question I have left, and this may better fit in another thread, is whether I ought to stay under 80k in case the EV credit in BBB goes through. Lariat ER with max tow is like 50 bucks over 80k. With Rapid Red, the color both the wife and I like, it's six hundred over. I'm not buying this thing without either the 7500 or 12k credit-- it's already 5-10k more than I expected to pay.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yeah guys….. buy a real truck like the $100k Silverado First Edition….

other than Ford not offering individual options and packaging everything up in a bundle….. did anyone really expect any of these vehicles to be cheap, especially with a possible $12.5k off on the horizon?

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Yeah I'm not reserving it haha, just doesn't interest me.

FordMaster

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 Lincoln, 90 Lincoln Mark VII, 96 F150, 2019 Fle
Occupation
Landscaping
After building a $74k XLT ER Im gonna defer the first few rounds or even year to see if the price comes down. Without the Tax Credit it's not a good buy. I've never seen one in person, test drove one, know anything about charging cost, etc.! They're not offering a lease on them so you have to buy them. The payment would be $1200-1400 per month! I'll buy another house......better investment! If they don't adjust the price or offer a lease, I'll cancel my reservation

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
After building a $74k XLT ER Im gonna defer the first few rounds or even year to see if the price comes down. Without the Tax Credit it's not a good buy. I've never seen one in person, test drove one, know anything about charging cost, etc.! They're not offering a lease on them so you have to buy them. The payment would be $1200-1400 per month! I'll buy another house......better investment! If they don't adjust the price or offer a lease, I'll cancel my reservation
Ford offers their leasing-alternative so you can actually take advantage of the $7500 tax credit or whatever the BBB offers if it passes, which you can't leverage with a lease. https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options/

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
Yup - used this for our Mach-e. Cut ~$150/mo. form the payment (vs. a 72 mo. @ 1.99% loan) and we get to keep the tax credit. Great program.
Curious, what is the interest rate they charge for the non-balloon portion of the loan?

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Yeah guys….. buy a real truck like the $100k Silverado First Edition….

other than Ford not offering individual options and packaging everything up in a bundle….. did anyone really expect any of these vehicles to be cheap, especially with a possible $12.5k off on the horizon?
But the 12.5k off isn't done yet, and ordering is going to start in the next few months. Ford is charging about $12-15k more for the lightning than a comparable power boost. If you get a 12.5k credit, then the value is very strong. If it's $7,500, then it's a little annoying to have less flexibility at such a high price on a first generation, but still Ok.

Honestly, I expected the Lariat I was going to buy to land around $75,000, not $80,000. I think the XLT with an Extended Range has everyone scratching their heads the most.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Curious, what is the interest rate they charge for the non-balloon portion of the loan?
We got a GT, so it was a 1.4% rate with a $2,500 rebate off the MSRP as well. I think the non-GT rate was 2.9% with a $1,500 rebate (note: I believe the rebates only applied to ZEV states - basically ford giving back some of the credit they get for selling an EV).

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Ford offers their leasing-alternative so you can actually take advantage of the $7500 tax credit or whatever the BBB offers if it passes, which you can't leverage with a lease. https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options/
With a lease, the tax credit is taken off the top of the purchase price if the lessor chooses to pass it through to the lessee. Most of the financing companies I've interacted with are doing this with Hyundai/Kia being a notable exception. I'm not sure what the domestic manufacturers have been doing.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Well the more of you that cancel the closer I get.....Sorry, not sorry

My only issue is whether to sell/trade my Mach E or keep it
I’m keeping mine! I like too much to toss it aside, even for a Lightning.

Reactions: TRP

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
No argument there... just agreeing with the previous poster that it often works out to be more of a manufacturer subsidy rather than a consumer discount.
That was always its intended target. Congress couldn't explicitly state they'd pay Ford or GM $7,500 for every EV they produce/sell so they came up with this indirect subsidy plan.

That's also the reason they never bothered to constrain the credit by any means testing. In fact, it's been obvious from its inception that it's irrelevant whether the consumer was relatively wealthy (actually requires that to be true) and "needed" the reduced price.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So the only question I have left, and this may better fit in another thread, is whether I ought to stay under 80k in case the EV credit in BBB goes through. Lariat ER with max tow is like 50 bucks over 80k. With Rapid Red, the color both the wife and I like, it's six hundred over. I'm not buying this thing without either the 7500 or 12k credit-- it's already 5-10k more than I expected to pay.
I’ve heard some speculate that the delivery charge doesn’t count towards the MSRP limit. That would put your configuration (and mine) under the limit. I’m not sure I buy that, however. It’s all speculation until something passes and the IRS writes the rules of implementation.

Detroit87

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sub station operator
Exactly! I said this months ago, a comparably equipped hybrid will be 25k less. Where is the value in getting the EV? Aside from driving clean, which is very important to me, there are no savings over ICE. At least not 25k in savings. My wife and I do okay but we aren't rich. So yeah I am way TF out. Too expensive.
"Driving clean" ok. Out of sight out of mind right?

Status
Not open for further replies.