Frunk switch

Aramis

First Name
Aramis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lighting 2023
My frunk switch stop working only the black switch on the front, it respond to the key and the button inside. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
If it does not work at all(opening or closing) it will be under warranty take it to the dealer

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
You haven't provided much information so we are left to guess the circumstances. It might be broken or it might be something someone here has seen before.

Was the frunk open for an extended period of time? If I recall correctly, it times out at some point but should start working when you power up the truck. I'm a little fuzzy on how exactly this works, I just recall the button not working after leaving it open.

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
The title of the post sounds like the name of a band "We're Frunk Switch and we'll be playing here all week!"

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
My frunk switch stop working only the black switch on the front, it respond to the key and the button inside. Any recommendations?
If you are still under the mileage limit for the warranty, you should be fine. Happened to me shortly after I was out of warranty. The part isn't cheap, but there is a lot of labor involved in connecting the wiring.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Was the frunk open for an extended period of time? If I recall correctly, it times out at some point but should start working when you power up the truck. I'm a little fuzzy on how exactly this works, I just recall the button not working after leaving it open.
If left open to the point it won’t power-close, you must close it manually before it will work again.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
You haven't provided much information so we are left to guess the circumstances. It might be broken or it might be something someone here has seen before.

The button usually works even if you leave it open for a while. It always beeps if it is confused and reacts the same as the other open/close options. It seems like a physical button issue for the OP if the truck is fully unlocked and the interior button is working.
Sponsored