Full charge but below 131 KW of usable power

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
What you get from the OBD device or other scanner connected to the truck computer is what the truck says the battery SOC is based on whatever method the truck is using to estimate it.

So my advice it to just relax and enjoy not having to buy gasoline, and only get worried if the reported battery estimate falls into the battery warranty range.
Exactly this. Our trucks are much more accurate than the ancient float gauges used in the ICE trucks, but they're not perfect. Your PCM reports a number, but that's never going to be exact.

My truck has never shown over 130 kWh available, and that number rarely lines up with my charge/discharge numbers. It tends to read low at higher SOCs, and it's not to be trusted in the single-digits.

It's just a number, your battery is fine. Enjoy your new truck!
Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
This is what I've typically been getting with my truck 23ER with Car Scanner. 122-127KwH at 100% SOC Display. Not sure how accurate it is though.
Mine started doing this after the last update…. So now it thinks 125 kWh is 100%. Hoping it gets better with the next one… Thanks @Ford Motor Company

Ford F-150 Lightning Full charge but below 131 KW of usable power 1728014348627-v1

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
@Billybender32 definitely something wrong. I’d take it into the dealer and leave it there for three weeks for them to figure out what’s wrong with it.🥹

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
1) Make sure you measure at a battery temp of 77 degrees.
2) Look at the SOH field and see if it's 100%.
3) Makes sure you charge from 20% or less to 100%, several times, and let it sit at 100%, before measuring. Battery cells have to balance.
Sponsored