• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GM can now use Tesla Supercharger network

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I travel to Miami/fort lauderdale area constantly for my kids soccer. The superchargers there are much more highly utilized than anything I used traveling up and down 75 to travel to MI this summer. I think in the higher populated areas there are people that don’t home charge because they can’t, and instead rely on superchargers. This last weekend I got told off by a lady in a model X. First she thought I wasn’t allowed to be there, then asked “if I’m gonna be that guy” and take up two charger spots. The guy in cybertruck next to me said I was waiting fair and square and we have every right to use the superchargers. So it was cool that he had my back. But I definitely felt more anxious walking away from my truck to get some wawa. Especially after she told me to F off and F Michigan state (it was game day, so I was wearing some of my Spartans gear). Everyone else I’ve come across has been fairly nice, but some people are very entitled. I can’t wait until Tesla has longer cables, and other brands are not a rare sighting at superchargers.
Sponsored

EFG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, chevy bolt, bmw 1200rt, 23 ford t-bucke
Occupation
software developer
I have had 4 run-ins since 2013 with my 3 different electric vehicles:

1) I was eating at a restaurant in the Andover, NJ area and charging my Smart ForTwo at the charger across the street. The waitress came over and said that a gang of kids were trying to tip it over!! I went out, spoke to them and the cops pulled up just about as they were going to really start in with me. The restaurant had called the local PD. One of the kids got arrested, charged with mischief, and the others ran off.

2) Ran into a Tesla Charging Karen at a hotel ( I was staying at the hotel) in Brunswick GA with my Chevy Bolt on a Destination charger with my A2Z Destination adapter. She went ballistic and called hotel management to come outside. They told her to calm down and said if she kept it up they were going to trespass her off the property. When the cops showed up, she left.

3) Myself and a lady in another Lightning got into it pretty good with this guy at the Walterboro SC Tesla DCFC with similar complaints. I called the cops and there were there in like 5 minutes. They went so far as to put him in their car and do the rest of the talking with his wife. She was completely reasonable and said they were assured by the Tesla sales guys that they had EXCLUSIVE use to the charging network. Their car was like a week old at the time. Other than the 3 of us, there was no one else at the charging stations. He got a summons for harassment. His beef also was we were slowing down his charging speed and we shouldn't be there "stealing" power.

4) I had these 2 old codgers harass me about driving an electric truck at a Home Depot in Clermont, FL. I didn't follow my own advice, walked away and came back to my front and back passenger doors heavily keyed. I called the cops and Home Depot looked at the videos and said I was parked in a blind spot. $2700 later, I have my truck back.

Don't bother messing with these jerks, just call the cops at the very first sign of trouble.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
For road trip purposes, I will continue to use Plugshare and will still decided to stop at reliable EA/ other stations. Along the east coast, and with proper planning, I have yet to run into a bad EA station/ FPL EVolution, etc. Superchargers will be my backup.

Triecke

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I charged at Tesla SC over weekend in Burley, ID. Definitely not a metro area, with 8 charging stalls. When I pulled up, there were 2 open stalls at end that I was headed to but a guy in model Y tried to cut me off then he proceeded to tell me I wasn't supposed to be there and to go use a Rivian station next door. I initially parked blocking two stalls, but with wife's help to hold one spot, I maneuvered so I was parked perpendicular to last spot, only blocking one. When stations are busy, I see Tesla folks less accepting. BTW, does anyone know when Rivian charging stations will open to us? I would much rather use that station than the Tesla one.
Sponsored